Were-Camels

It was the two weeks later and most people had forgotten about the girl's grumble over were-camels. The first two days after the exchange, the students had been extra perky at the beginning of class, hoping for something enthralling to occur. They gradually grew less exited until the speculation of an argument dies down and students forgot about the whole confrontation in the wake of a test.
    So, when she stood up in class after the whole class had turned in their exams and told Mrs. Shepard that were-camels were indeed true, the class tittered in anticipation. Mrs. Shepard had a commanding presence and few kids dared cross her. The idea that one would boldly challenge her was unthinkable.
    Mrs. Shepard was gazing at the girl sharply, as if she somehow knew every bit of personal information about her, including her fate. "Alright," she finally said, raising an eyebrow. "Miss Aliya can demonstrate her evidence."
    From her tone, she sounded doubtful, almost mocking. However, her eyes were sharp and intensive as Aliya walked to the front of class, her desk beside swinging. "I have undeniable proof of their existence," she announced.
     "Show us!" one kid shouted.
      "Yeah right," another snorted.
       Mrs. Shepard looked on stiffly as Aliya continued to smile. After the voices quieted down, she shuffled a bit to the right, giving herself plenty of room. She then closed her eyes, and suddenly a large dromedary camel was standing in front of the class, it's brown shaggy fur a shade lighter than the wooden floors. Mrs. Shepard' eyes widened.
    Aliya the camel took a few steps forward before turning back into her human form. Her smile wide, she peered at the teacher. "Well, you've certainly shown me something new," Mrs. Shepard commented.
     After Aliya sat down and the class quieted again, she started lecturing again. "Now, Aliya taught us a very important lesson," she said," and that is that we can always have our previous notions challenged. I never believed for a moment that were-camels existed and now I am proud to say that I am teaching one. Were-creatures reside in every corner of our world. We only know so much. It wasn't until expeditions into the Arctic and Antarctica that we discovered the existence of were- polar bears of were-penguins. We are constantly amassing new information and this will only strengthen our understanding of the word."
    "Humans don't believe in us anymore," she continued. "This gives us a huge advantage over them because we possess so much more knowledge. This also allows us to live alongside them if we choose. We used to hunted down and had to live in secret places. Now, we can safety live with humans if we take precautions. Now, we've learned an important lesson today, but I have another one for you. Please read chapter 1 of your textbook, Powers: A Basics in class. You have an essay due tomorrow on the powers of werewolves. Any late work automatically be 50% off."