seven

8 weeks later

"I can itch my leg." Violet exhales, smiling.

"Lovely." I shake my head, smiling back as I concentrate on driving.

"I do not need your comments, you have no idea what it's like to not have full access to your leg for eight damn weeks." She chuckles.

"You're right, I'm sorry." I laugh, turning a corner and pulling on to our street.

"So you should be, dickhead." She mumbles the last part and I laugh.

"Should've left you at the hospital." I mumble back, being purposely loud so she can hear me.

She looks towards me and frowns and I can't help but place a kiss on her lips. She smiles and pats my cheek lightly, before hopping out of the car. I watch her walk towards the door, her body only dressed in (my) t-shirt and a pair of jeans. I watch as she opens the door and looks back to me, smiling. I get out and walk after her, she enters further.

Violet:

"I need to start looking for somewhere to live." I sigh, grabbing my laptop.

Simon turns in his chair and has a frown upon his face, "why?"

"Uh, because I can't live with you and your three mates for the rest of my life?" I reply, as more of a question.

He swings on his chair, "but you're my fiance, you can't move out."

"Well, you're not moving." I mumble, but he hears.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asks.

I sigh, "nothing, Si."

"Well, it obviously was something, just say it." He snaps, I look at him.

"Why are you starting an argument out of nothing?" I snap back.

"Oh-so when I start an argument I'm wrong but when you do it, you can't help it?" He shouts, standing up.

"What's your fucking problem?" I shout even louder, standing up.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that? Seen as you think I should move out?" He retorts, crossing his arms.

"I didn't mean it like that." I grumble.

"Then please, tell me, how did you mean it?" He asks, sarcasm thick in his voice.

"Y'know what Simon? This-this is fucking ridiculous, when you decide to stop acting like a five year old, text me." I sigh, grabbing my bag and shoving my shoes on, before storming out of the room. 

He doesn't shout after me, or run after me, or even bother to look when I leave. I get to the bottom of the stairs to see JJ looking at something on his phone. He looks up at me as I reach the bottom step.

"Hey Vi-what's up?" He asks, noticing the anger on my face.

"Not a damn thing." I say through gritted teeth, yanking open the door and slamming it.

I don't bother to look up to his window, not really caring if he's looking down at me. I walk down the drive and turn left, towards town. I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket but ignore it as I make my way further and further down the street. 

I collect my coffee, the warm ceramic mug burning my hand slightly as I hurry to my booth at the back of the ever-so-familiar cafe. It's been a while. I cocoon myself in to the corner of the booth, bringing my knees up to my chest and blowing my coffee, taking small sips of the hot beverage. I place my coffee down and my ring clinks off of the cheap mug. I look at it. I twirl my hand in the light and allow it to sparkle and shine in all of its glory as my eyes glue to it. I run my finger over the detailing in the ring and feel as tears sway delicately down my cold, pale skin. My phone buzzes again, I take it from my pocket and answer it, not bothering to see who's calling because I know it's him.