sixteen

Simon:

"Simon? It's Josh." He knocks on my bedroom door, breaking the silence.

I don't reply and I hear him sigh, I thought I heard him walk away but soon find him opening the door. He stands in the doorway, looking at me.

"We've made food, do you want any?" He asks, his eyes scanning my room.

I shake my head.

"Simon, talk to me." He sighs.

"Shut the door on your way out." I mumble, turning over in my bed.

I hear him exhale an annoyed breath before slamming the door shut and this time he definitely walks away. Everything reverts back to the comfortable silence I have grown used to in the week since Violet broke up with me. I stare at her side of the bed. It still smells like her; coconut and the slight hint of the perfume Ethan got her. Everything feels colder now she isn't part of me anymore. Things I never thought I would miss, I miss. I miss making her a cup of coffee on a Sunday morning and her grateful smile when I'd hand it to her. I miss feeling like the only man she needed. I miss her kisses and her laugh and her hair and her eyes and her body and her. I just miss her. But I know it's over now. For good. 

Violet:

I sigh, looking at the four boxes I still have left and realising I don't have enough sellotape to close them all. I look towards my door and bite my lip, walking towards it and opening it. I quickly walk upstairs and nervously knock on Harry's door. No-one answers and I am actually slightly relieved. I go to walk away but feel my breath hitch as I hear the door unlock. 

"Violet?" A voice asks.

I turn around to see Freezy smiling sadly at me.

"Hey." I nervously smile back.

"Are you alright? You need something?" He questions.

"I-uh-I actually need some sellotape." I scratch the back of my neck, feeling awkward and uncomfortable.

He nods, "yeah, we'll have some somewhere, come in." 

I slowly follow him inside, looking around to find it empty.

"Where's Ha-" I begin but he cuts me off.

"Went home for the week."

"Oh." I mumble.

He jumbles through some kitchen draws until he finds a roll of sellotape, he hands it to me.

"Thanks." I smile at him, getting up and walking towards the door.

"Are you leaving?" He asks.

I stop in my steps, "uh, I'm going to my flat?"

"No, I mean-are you leaving, leaving?" He reiterates.

"Why would you think that?" I question, turning around to look at him.

"Why else would you need sellotape? You're packing all of your boxes up again, aren't you?" He seems to already know the answer.

"I don't belong here." I sigh, looking down.

"You're the only one who thinks that." He replies.

I turn back around, "I've hurt too many of you, you don't need me to stick around to keep doing it."

"Where are you going?"

"Home." I mumble.

"Where's home?" He asks, as I open the door.