eleven

"Harry?" I shout from the other side of his bedroom door. 

I sigh, this being the tenth time I've knocked on his door in the past week and the tenth time he has ignored me. I slide down the door and put my head in my hands. I rock my head back, gently hitting it off of the door. My phone buzzes and I slide it out of my pocket.

Harry: leave

Violet: please just talk to me

Harry: there's nothing to talk about

Violet: don't act like this isn't anything

Violet: I miss you Harold

Harry: don't call me that

Violet: open the door

Harry: it's open

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and stand up, opening the door slowly and entering in to darkness. The blinds are closed and the curtains are messily pulled along the rail, a shadow of sadness making its way across the room. I turn to the bed to see Harry wrapped in his duvet, shielding himself from the light. I close the door and slip my shoes off, walking towards the bed. I sit on the edge of it, facing away from Harry.

"Does Simon know?" He mumbles through his duvet and I have to go over the sentence in my head before I can understand what he said.

"No." I shake my head.

"Are you going to tell him?" He asks.

"I don't know...I don't think so." I answer truthfully.

"Why?" He questions.

"He doesn't need to know everything." I whisper.

"I'm sorry Violet." Harry sighs.

"It wasn't your fault, I did it-I always do it, you did nothing wrong Harry." I exhale a shaky breath, nerves I didn't know I had being released.

I hear Harry move and turn to see him sitting up against his headboard, his duvet pushed down to his mid-torso. He stares at me, his eyes low and lacking life.

"I don't like you like that, you know that right?" He asks.

I nod, "I know that."

"And you don't like me like that, right?" He bites his lip.

"Sorry, I love Si." I smile lightly at him.

"I'm just really lonely lately, everyone's getting girlfriends and spending their time with them and I have no-one-it's lonely as fuck." He sighs, wiping his nose.

"Then, let's find you a girlfriend." I propose, he gives me a sceptical look.

"If it was that easy, don't you think I would've done it?" He raises his eyebrow at me.

"You haven't done it my way." I smirk.

"Who is this girl?" Harry asks, as we hurry down the busy London street.

"I used to work with her, she's lovely." I smile at him.

"I don't even know her name-Violet, you can't just drop me in it like this." Harry exclaims, as we run across the road and narrowly avoid being hit by a taxi.

"She's called Evie, she is twenty one, cute, slim, about five foot four, loves dogs and videogames." I give him a short and snappy run-down of her, as we make our way in to the designated meeting place: a cafe.

"Which one is she?" Harry asks quietly, his eyes scanning over a few girls in the room.

"There she is." I smile, noticing the girl.