thirteen

"Violet, wake up." I gently nudge her shoulder, her soft snores halting.

"What?" She groggily mumbles.

"We're about to land." I smile at her, my voice quiet.

"So why could you not wake me up when we landed?" She pouts, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Sorry." I chuckle, wrapping my arm around her shoulder.

"Where are we staying? A swanky hotel?" She questions, giggling.

"I used that word one time, and we're staying in a villa." I reply, looking out of the window.

"A villa?" She gasps and I smile to myself.

"A villa." I answer.

"You are impressing me, Minter." She laughs.

"Oh, good, I was worried I wasn't." I laugh with her.

"This is fucking amazing." Violet exhales, her eyes scanning around the small villa.

It's on stilts and sits right on the beach, the sea being beautifully visible. Two porch doors lead to a small courtyard where a little breakfast table with chairs sit,surrounded by colourful plants and growing greenery. The kitchen is small but cosy and the bedroom is clean and crisp, it being white with hints of light brown's. 

"Look at that view." She mumbles, standing at the doors that look out to the sea.

"It's stunning." I smile at her, thinking she's a better view.

She turns and smiles at me, "come on, let's go swimming."

She walks to the bedroom and changes, I enter the bathroom to change, not wanting to walk in on her despite there being no awkwardness between us. 

I wait on the beach for her, stretching my legs out on the sand and watching as the small golden grains feed through my toes. I hear the door close and turn to look at her and feel my breath catch in my throat. A simple, royal blue bikini adorns her figure, her stomach isn't flat and her legs are short and a few scars litter her legs; but she looks gorgeous. Her hair is thrown back in to a bun and she rubs her arm nervously, looking at me. I stand up and reach my hand out towards her, she smiles and takes it. I pull her towards me and she giggles, wrapping her arms around my torso.

"You look incredible." I mumble in to her hair, kissing her head.

"Shut up." She laughs, pushing me away.

"First one to the water." I shout, beginning to run.

"No fair!" She exclaims, running after me.

I have an advantage with my long legs but she does get quite close, I get to the water first however and turn to see her entering after me. I lift her up and throw her over my shoulder, her laughs melodic as I spin her around.

"Oh my God, put me down." She laughs, and I do.

She stands in the water, my arms wrapped comfortably around her waist.

"This feels nice." I mumble, resting against her forehead.

"Mhmm." She mumbles back in agreement. 

"You look so beautiful, y'know?" I tell her, pushing back some of her hair and placing a kiss on her temple.

"I love you." She whispers, the waves almost drowning her out.

"I love you, too." I whisper back, before she leans forward and kisses me.

"What are you doing?" Violet giggles as I attempt to make some spaghetti.