eight

Simon:

I sigh, pulling my jogging bottoms on. I grab a plain grey t-shirt and throw it on, patting my hair down afterwards. Harry asked the boys and I to come film a video with him. I didn't really feel like it, but decided it's better to get my mind off of Violet rather than keep it on her. I haven't spoken to Violet in almost 9 days. I don't know how I'm still alive to be honest. None of the boys have heard from her either, apart from Harry-they have a close bond and I can't fault that.

Violet:

"Do I look alright?" I ask Harry, standing in front of him.

He raises his eyebrow at me, "I dunno."

I sigh, "you're so useless."

"Hey, I helped you set all this up, didn't I?" He asks, smirking.

"Yes and I am very grateful for that, despite your lack of helpfulness in helping me choose what to wear." I reply, walking back in to his bathroom.

I look over all of my clothes, laid out on the floor-like a smorgasbord of material waiting to be worn. My eyes reach the dress I wore to my mother's wedding. He loved that. I slip it on, deciding against shoes and just letting my hair stay in a messy bun at the back of my head. I walk out of the bathroom and cough, Harry looking up.

"I-uh-wow." He mumbles, looking at me.

"See, helpful." I grin, laughing.

"Hey, Vik just texted me, he's on his way." 

"Let's do this." I nervously smile out.

Simon:

I drive down the road, still confused as to why the boys said they need more time to get ready. I indicate to turn right, tapping my fingers on the steering wheel as I wait to pull out of the junction. I eventually do, driving further through London. I reach Harry's apartment building and park my car, before taking the lift up to his flat. I knock on the door and wait about fifteen seconds before I get a text.

Harry: the doors open

I shrug, opening the door slowly. I freeze. 

Violet stands in front of me, the same dress she wore for her mum's wedding hugging her perfect figure. Her hair is messily thrown back but pieces fall forward, cascading around her face. Her glasses reside on the edge of her nose and she looks sheepishly at me. I notice candles set up around the room and two pizza boxes on the coffee table, Netflix being on the TV screen.

"I'm sorry." She mumbles, looking down at the ground.

"C'mere." I breathe out, spreading my arms out.

She sprints towards me and collides with my body, almost knocking me off of my feet in the process but making a sudden warmth flood my blood. 

"I've missed you." She mumbles in to my neck.

"I love you so much, Vi." I hold her tighter.

"I know, I just keep messing it up, don't I?" She chuckles, pulling away, her arms still wrapped around me.

I rest my forehead on hers, "you're just keeping it interesting."

She smiles at me, making me grin. 

"C'mon, I want some of that pizza." I say, dragging her to the sofa.

"Did you know," Violet begins, grinning, "that when I was eight, I tried to cut my own hair?"