Chapter 7

Love is Anguish covered in frosting

-Vivi Dale

Khaleyah💖

I sat on the couch with my head back, my eyes closed and pinching the bridge of my nose thinking when I heard the doorbell ring.

I got up going to the door already knowing it was Nique, she had agreed to come over to talk.

I opened the door and smiled lightly. "Hey"

"Hey" She spoke softly.

I stepped aside so she could step in.

After closing and locking the door behind her, I walked over taking a seat next to her on the couch.

I skipped the small talk and went straight to apologizing.

"I'm sorry that I blew up on you Nique...." My eyes trailed off as I relived that day inside of my head realizing how wrong I was.

"I was just so upset and didnt wanna hear the truth" I said shaking my head.

I finally looked back up at her as she stared at me she was awfully quiet as she listened to me go on.

"And I understand that you were just trying to be a friend.. Please forgive me Babe" I wrapped my arms around her hugging her.

I missed my best friend so much even though it's only been about a week or so, that week felt like years... Like it always does when we fight.

After a moment of silence, my arm was still clung around her neck as my chin laid on her shoulder.

She finally wrapped her arms around me. "I forgive you Leyah"

We both sighed in relief as we squeezed each other tightly.

We giggled pulling away. "I've missed you giiiirl" She exclaimed.

"I knoooow, I've missed you too!"

"I'm so glad that that's out of the way, I couldn't have my Maid of Honor mad at me"

My Face soften as my Mott flew open. "I'm... Your maid of Honor?"

"Of COURSE You are Girlie" She cheesed. "You're my best friend"

I smiled hugging her again.
"Awwww!!"

I could hear the excitement in her voice as she pulled away. "Oh and I think we picked a day!"

"What's the date?" I asked resembling her excitement.

"September 22nd!" She beamed.

I screeched. "YESSS I CANT WAIT!!" I exclaimed flinging my arms around her again.

"Me neither!!" Her smile slightly faded.

"So um... Still Haven't heard from Lucas? Cause I was.. Hoping.. He could be .. A Groomsmen." She said Slowly.

My Smile quickly fell as my heart turned cold. "Nope and don't really care of hearing from him..." I shrugged nonchalantly.  Never thought I would feel this way about Lucas but I wasn't allowing a boy to have power over me like that. I was turning into a person that my Family, not even myself recognized and wasn't liking it, I was slowly and for surely losing myself. After replaying Her words in my head for awhile, Nique's words opened my eyes and woke me up.

"I just feel like... Why continue to mop around over a nigga that's not worrying about trying to get In touch with me? " I paused. "Shows how much he cares" I said Sarcastically, shrugging.

."No Leyah it's not that he don't care" She said sighing. She placed a hand on my arm.

She paused and She spoke Assertively. "He just... Lost right now.. Trust me, he cares for you.. I promise he does" Her eyes sparkled with so much sincere but the guard I had finally put up was making it hard to believe.

"Thank you for being here for me and staying positive, I really appreciate it!" I spoke wholeheartedly.

"But Enough about Lucas, Lets talk about your Wedding girl" I said my Smile appearing on my face again.

She smiled getting the hint that I was tired of talking about him. That's why she was my best friend. She knew me like the back of her hand.

We continued on conversing about her Wedding and coming up With Ideas.

--------------

🍇Lucas

"To accept this call press one"

I took the phone away from my ear and pressed one and Marcus spoke on the other end.

"Lucas?"

I walked outside of the crowded building, the cool ear hitting my skin and the beaming sun blinding me immediately.

People were walking in and out of the building with their families or alone, I was so glad to be out of it.

"Wassup man" I smiled as I squinted my eyes.

"Nun man just can't wait till I fuckin get out Bruh." I could hear the anticipation in his tiring voice.

"I know man..." I stopped at the curb waiting for my Uber.

"Fuck talkin about me, what you up to?"

I paused chewing on my lip hesitating my answer.

"I uh.. Quit my job earlier..."

"WHAT? Why?"

I rolled my eyes sighing lowly. "I'll tell you later bro"

"Aight man but what's-- up witch- not talk- to my- sister?-" He began Cutting in and out.

"Aye man.. I'm losing reception out here... Call bac-" The phone hang up.

"Damn." I hated the signals here.

A message came through telling me the Uber was here.

I looked up from my phone seeing my uber pulling up. Before thinking I walked straight to it getting in.

I wasn't really even thinking and I had no control over my body today, my mouth and body were moving before I could even process my actions.

I thought back on Marcus words before we got disconnected.

Khaleyah was now on my mind again giving me slight butterflies and my heart stopping.

Calm down Luc...
A wave of calmness concealed me.

I just sat back in The uber not really sure of what emotion to feel but right about now I was just Numb.

I need a Fuckin Drink.