Chapter 10

"People go but how they left always Stays."

💖Khaleyah

I walked into the house taking a seat on the couch waiting to hear what Lucas had to say.

I hadn't realized how angry I was at him till he Returned. All my Emotions had been released and I was awakening.

He sat next to me and stared into my eyes.

I broke the stare once I again.

"Stop doin that" He mumbled grabbing my chin forcing me to look at him.

This moment brung back at Memory from the past.

"You ain't got to be embarrassed Ma"

"Why won't you look at me?" He asked almost pleading for my attention.

My eyes covered with tears and adverted to the floor as he still held onto my chin between his thumb and finger.

"I can't bring myself to look at you right now Lucas... I'm scared I'll forgive you too easily"

"Don't!" He blurted out causing me to look back up at him.

I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"You don't need to forgive me so quickly.. I need to work to have you again, you are worth more than I can explain Khaleyah, I done fucked up and I don't deserve a precious diamond again that easily.."

My heart warmed when I seen that His eyes glossed over.

If I didn't look away now, I would forgive him in a snap of a finger.

"My Eyes glossed again?" He questioned.

I nodded pressing my lips together as a lump formed in my throat.

When it was gone, I built up enough courage to look at him again.

He grabbed my hand and his thumb accidentally hit my Promise ring causing him to look down at it.

His eyes widen as he stared at it in disbelief. "You... You still wear it?" He asked glancing up at me and brushing his thumb across the Heart.

I nodded with a small smile on my face.

"I never forgot your promise ..."

He smiled lightly as he gazed at me.

He reached into the inside of the neck of his shirt pulling out something.

I gasped as tears filled my eyes again as I stared at the Dog tag that dangled at his hand that he showed off proudly.

"Still wear mine too.."

I wiped the tears that had fallen as I felt somewhat of a connection again, a brief of happiness.

"Bab- I mean.. " I paused realizing what I almost called Lucas .

"I mean. Lu-Lucas" I straighten my Face as I tried to fix my slip up. But it was too late, he had already heard me.

"It's okay.." He Assured me brushing his thumb across my hand softly.