Chapter 14

Yunohara's P.O.V

I looked at the sleeping prince on the bench. He has earplugs in his ears with a look of content on his face. The earplugs ran a trail all the way to his pocket, either to a phone or iPod. His blue hair was disheveled a bit around his face, making him look attractive as he's sleeping.

This damn prince...

"It's a shame I have to wake him up though," I muttered to myself. I looked out towards the horizon and knew that it would get darker soon. "Wakey wakey prince Ichinose!"

I shoke his shoulder slightly, just to see if he would stir. His response? Nothing. My eyebrow twitched. I shook his shoulder harder and came to the same result...nothing.

"Tch...prince Ichinose...you're becoming very unreasonable. Actually, unreasonable isn't very fitting for you. Annoying would be a better choice," I angrily said as I shook him roughly. He finally stirred...but only to roll on his back.

"Why you-!" My voiced out anger died in the back of my throat as my hand that was violently pulled. My hand was on Ichinose's shoulder, but was now in a pulling vice-like grip.

My body was pulled forward, and the upper half of my body was looming over Ichinose. I grit my teeth. "You lazyass-"

"Be quiet for a moment will you?" Ichinose's voice cut in. His voice held warning, but I wasn't going to be intimidated.

"I was going to wake you up out of the kindness of my heart so you're not left alone in the dark. And this is the thanks I get?"

Ichinose opened his eyes slowly. He blinked a few times and used his other hand to wipe the traces of sleep off his face. He fixed his gaze on me. "The real thing to ask yourself is, 'did Ichinose ask for any assistance or care to wake him up'? I don't recall asking for you to wake me up. My iPod had a timer to wake me up... There was really no need for you to have bothered me Lee-kun," he told me with an exasperated sigh.

I blushed in embarassment. "You were a lot more kinder on the day I came to the palace. Now you're just a bit rude," I told him with squinted eyes.

He smirked in amusement. "Out of courtesy, anyone could have done that. A slight farçe and then voila! Their true nature comes out. However, that doesn't mean you should think so little of me. I am very 'nice'...when I feel the need to be."

"Just let go of me prince Ichinose," I told him forcefully.

"It's Ichinose or Ichi-kun. Please refrain from calling me in formalities." He released my hand and closed his eyes again.

I pushed my body off of him and stood. I sighed out loudly. There was a tree by the bench, so I stood and leaned on it. It remained quiet for a few minutes.

"Are you not going to leave?" Ichinose asked me.

"It's not like I'm waiting for you..." I told him slowly.

Ichinose sat up. He combed through his hair with his fingers, trying to make it look decent. "Then why are you still here Yunohara?"

I crossed my arms over my chest and stared defiantly at Ichinose. "What are you trying to play at?"

He smiled and looked at me. "You're the one who started this game. I'd have thought you'd have an excuse, but apparently not."

I turned my head away from Ichinose and looked the other way. "So what if I'm waiting for you?" I asked quietly. I heard the squeaking of the bench, and the crunching of leaves to warn me of Ichinose's approach.

"What was that?" He asked. Ichinose stood near me. "Speak louder for me Yuu-kun."

I grit my teeth, and continued to look the other way. "If you didn't come back home, don't you think everyone will worry? It's troublesome to know I didn't drag you back home. Everyone will be waiting for you, but see only me when I walk in..."