Chapter 23

A/N

AHHH...it feels like years since you guys have received an update of this book by me. Well, I will honestly try to update as frequently as I can. I'm just getting out of my writer's block ;___;. Oh yeezus, why must you do this to yaoi lover like meh ( /TAT)/?

[Note: There shall be some altercations in this chappy that's discretion advised oAo. It isn't in detail but y'know..YOU HAVES BEEN WARNED OAO)/.))

Yunohara's P.O.V

I entered the palace with Ichinose as quietly as I could. However, there was already a person downstairs waiting for our arrival. Joselyn sat on the couch, sipping a cup of herbal tea with her phone in hand. At hearing the door closed, she looked up and a sinister grin etched her features. She got up from the couch, and sashayed her way over to us.

"Glad to see the both of you home," she said with an unnatural sweetness to her tone. "I was worried about the both-"

"Oh cut the crap Joselyn!" Ichinose said in irritation. He pulled his eyebrows together to warn off an incoming headache. "We're not here to chat.. We're both tired and would like to rest, not converse with a sly snake as yourself."

She put her hand to her heart in feigned agony and said, "Me? A snake? My dear boy, you sadden me. Out of all the princes, I favored you highly with my own son."

Ichinose shot a death glare at her and said through clenched teeth, "Yet you're the bitch who tore our brotherhood up, wasn't it? If I could-!" Before he could finish, I cut in.

"Let's go Ichi-kun...there's no need to get riled up. You're just giving her what she wants, attention," I said, tugging on the sleeve of his blazer. He looked at me then with the same anger he flashed as he looked at Joselyn, but soon softened up.

"My, my... You two have been frolicking out this late in the night?" She tsked, shaking her head sadly. "When there's internal affairs and problems happening in Assyria, it's not smart of you to be going out with such a commoner Ichinose. Think of the people and other nobles who would have paid handsomely just to spend a night with you~"

Ichinose grit his teeth and grabbed my arm, heading straight upstairs. I looked back behind me to look at Joselyn. She smiled and waved at us as we headed upstairs, but I knew better than to believe her farce. Ichinose walked up and headed straight for my room, opening the door. He shut it when the both of us came inside and locked it in anger. "I can't stand the witch," he mumbled, as he paced my room.

"Ichi-kun..?" I called out, a bit worried about how quick he was to get angry.

At hearing his name, he stopped and looked at me. A small smile came to his face as he came over and patted my head. "Don't worry so much about me, I'll be alright. Come on, let me tell finish telling you why my mother had to come back." He took my hand and guided me to my bed. We both sat on it cross-legged. Ichinose let out a calming sigh as he tried to regain his thoughts.

Lillian's P.O.V(Flashback)

"Mama, mama!" A young Ichinose called out. "Look! The sky looks so pretty! It's all blue like me and mama's hair!"

I laughed at his remark as he sat on my shoulders. He looked up at the sky as we walked. "It is just like the sky, although, it's a bit darker. Also, don't forget...the pretty blue sky will be changing soon and get darker y'know."

Ichinose pouted and bellowed out, "Nooooo!" He shook his head fiercely and I could probably guess that his eyes started to well up in tears. "I don't want the sky to change! Why does the sky have to change?"

I took him from my shoulders and stood him in front of me. Kneeling, I wiped his eyes with a handkerchief and said, "The sky is taking a nap sweetie. Shouldn't the sky rest up and let his friend Night come to tell us it's bedtime soon?"