Chapter 24

A/N

*Le sigh*....guys...its been so long DX. Since like 2013 since I've started this book and now it's like what..? 2015? 2020? Naw i joke ik it's 2015 XP. I must say gomen T__T. Ive really been a bad author to have not updated in 2 years ;___;. Shiz i barely remember these characters but...IM GONNA DAMN WELL REMEMBER THEM RIGHT NOW. I hate that I have to update on my phone. My ipad is giving me problems and by my ipad i mean the watty app. It's not letting me update and that PISSES ME OFF DXDX. Y U NO WORKS NOW!? *puts my hands together and meditates* I'm in my happy place...in my HAPPY place. Well, without further ado, why don't we continue le story?

Yunohara's P.O.V

Damn...every prince really does have a story as to why they're here. But Ichinose's story..well.. I swallowed a lump in my throat as I finished the food I had been eating when the story went on. I flicked my eyes up towards Ichinose, and I regretted it immensely. His expression was unreadable. He was staring back at me intensely with dark blue eyes. At first, I began to hold his gaze. I didn't waver or look away when our waitress came back and put the bill on the tale, wordlessly moving away as she felt how thick the atmosphere was in intensity. I didn't understand... Why is he looking at me like that? Was it the story he told me? Wait, did I do something wrong? Am I supposed to give feedback? Swallowing again, I was the first to break the silence.

"What's the matter..? The face you're giving me right now is unreadable," I told him slowly.

"It's not that.." He began to say, putting his cheek into his left palm, "I'm just trying to come to terms with the fact I've let out such a huge secret and life story to you without contemplating the effects and faction you'd take in listening to this story."

"...come again?"

A slow smile etched into his features, but it didn't reach his eyes. They looked cold. "I didn't contemplate if this would inevitably change the possibility of me being crowned, or think that this story of mine could be released to the public...and how ill the people will think of me once they know." He paused and continued to stare. As he gathered his thoughts, he said, "I've basically bared and laid myself open to you. How do I know that I can trust you? For all I know, you could be gaining information out of me to give to the others." He balled up his fists. "I don't want to think, let alone believe, that the person I could tell this to turned out to be my enemy..."

He's afraid. I bit my bottom lip in thought and for the briefest of moments, I saw Ichinose break our eye connection. I didn't think I'd last this long in looking at someone like him, but I actually did. I couldn't help but grin slightly while I was biting my lip. That must've been the dumbest choice I could ever make.

"Don't do that," he said, his voice dropping a lot deeper than I had anticipated. Scratch that, expected.

I felt the air around us change at that moment. Once his eyes returned to my face, I felt trapped and ensnared. I released my lip from my teeth and I actually became the one to look elsewhere other than at his face. The look he gave me was without a doubt, that of a predator who found his prey. Not only had the predator zoned in on its prey, but it was thinking through the many ways it could torturously devour its prey. "Stop looking at me like that..." I said lowly with a slight tremble in my face. Why was I trembling?

"Looking at you like what?" He asked, knowing exactly what I meant. This time, he was the one smiling. It was mischievous and I, for a moment, feared what was going to transpire between us now.

I blushed. "Like...you want to eat me. Also, change your voice! That's not how you normally speak.." I muttered, forcing my eyes to look back into his own.