Chapter 18

A/N
Sigh.....ahehehehe. I'm now updating my shiz on an iPad X'D. It makes my work look so damn small Q_Q. It always looked like a lot on my phone :o. Well, that means more writing then huh :3? Hopefully >.> X]. Do you guys ever get that feeling when an author updates that you have to look back at the other chapter to remember why the fuck just happened :P? I always do that when I write Q_Q. Fufufu..wish I didn't reread what I wrote XD. The feels came back to me (/ oAo)/. Alright...back to where we left off <3.

Lillian's P.O.V(Yup...Ichi-kun's just might be the longest XP)

I woke up to the darkness of the room, feeling groggy and defeated. What day is it? I remember being in Cameron's arms one night, and soon finding myself back home on another night. But...I have no recollection of it at all. The days have just been passing me in a blur. However...I do recall one particular night.

*Flashback*

Scratch!

I fell to the floor on the bar, uncaring. I stood up and felt my cheek that stung. Pulling back my hand, I saw blood collect on my fingers. I'm bleeding...

"You...you bitch!" My coworker Daniella screamed out. "Did you think we wouldn't catch you and the boss cuddling together!? You really are some shameless slut..enticing the boss for extra pay!"

I got up from the floor with a wobble, and stared unemotionally at Daniella. The bar was quiet, as all eyes were on us. Daniella strided towards me with loud clacks of her heels. In her eyes, there was only pure anger. She gripped my shirt tightly in her hand, bringing me dangerously close to her.

"What do you have to say for yourself? You indecent cow!"

My gaze flicked away from Daniella's as I thought. I don't have the strength for this...not at all. I'll say anything she wants at this point...and I really wouldn't care. "I'm sorry.." I finically said, looking at her.

She grit her teeth and pushed me to the floor. "You lying ass bitch...you don't mean one shit of it!" She grabbed the nearest drink and poured it over me with a triumphant smile. "This suits a bitch like you very well."

I looked down at the ground as I felt the cold substance pour on my hair and wet my clothes. I said nothing as this happened, even as the alcohol burned my scratch on my cheek. Daniella tilted my chin up to her with a devilish smile. "Leave the bar. Tell the boss you'll quit, and never show your fucking face here again," she gently told me.

At that moment, a hand clamped on Daniella's shoulder and pulled her back, knocking her to the floor. "Who the hell - Cameron!?" She called out in a surprise.

Even as she called Cameron's name out, I didn't look up to acknowledge his presence. He knelt down in front of me, and threw a jacket over my trembling, cold body. He lifted me up, bridal style, and started to walk towards the door. Before leaving he said, "Daniella...I don't tolerate the bullying of my waitresses. What I also don't tolerate is inappropriate and indecent language from my workers in this bar.For that, you're-"

"I'm quitting," I cut in lowly. I knew Cameron was looking down at me in wide-eyed surprise, but I didn't look at him. I put more force into my voice and said again, "I'm quitting...don't fire Daniella. It would be bad for the business if you lost two workers."

"Lily! You can't be-!"

"Put me down."

He let me down, and I got my balance. I began to walk out of the bar with Cameron's jacket over my body. Before I left, I weakly said, "Thank you."

*To the Present*

My right arm was draped over my eyes as I recalled that night. Lazily, I got up from my bed and worked some feeling back into my legs. My legs feel weak, as well as my body... I must've not been taking care of myself for a few days..

I went into the bathroom and decided to take a long shower. After that, I ate a half of yogurt and threw the rest away, losing appetite. I don't know what to do... Angela's gone and I have no work. The money we've saved should be enough for me to leave the city on my own but...

At that moment, a series of knocks were pounded on my door. Annoyed and tired, I decided to ignore the knocks. I drew my legs up to myself and laid my head in my legs. The knocks continually kept banging until it came to an abrupt stop. Unexpectedly, I heard the sound of keys jingling. My ears and head perked up to my door when I heard a key being inserted into the lock.

What the...?

Scared, I began to move quickly. I went into one of my kitchen cabinets and found a frying pan. Hiding behind the door, my heart raced loudly as I watched my door being pushed open. The instant I saw a foot peek it's way out. I came out from behind the door with closed eyes and swung hard at the intruder. I peeked through one eye to see if I hit the person, but was shocked to see Cameron blocking his head with his hand from the incoming attack.

"You..." I began.

Cameron gave a charming smile as he looked at me, then at the pan. "Glad to see that you're alive and well at least. I thought the inevitable...thinking you'd be passed out on the couch or something," he told me.

I sighed out loudly, trying to calm my pounding heart. I put the frying pan away, and slowly walked to the couch. As I passed by Cameron, he took my hand and pulled me towards him as he closed the door. He pulled me into his chest, hugging me tightly.

"You don't know how worried I was about you. When you told me you were quitting, I didn't think you were serious. You've told me so countless times that you would never jeopardize your job at my bar...yet you quit! Not only that, but you haven't answered my calls or texts in five days. I...I couldn't just leave you alone... So, I took your spare key when I picked you up on the day you quit. You didn't even realize it, did you?"

Five days... That's how long I haven't been myself since that day..

I pushed myself off of Cameron's chest lightly. "Cameron...I'm fine! Really..." I said with a fake smile, looking away from him.

In that next moment, Cameron gripped my wrists and pushed my against my door. I looked up at him, and saw anger in his eyes.

"Fine? You're fine?! Hahaha...don't make me laugh Lillian. How could someone be so fucking fine after seeing that?! And you lied to my face...telling me that bullshit. You haven't been acting yourself, and that's the mere truth of it," he said bitterly.

"Cameron! If I tell you I'm fine, I'm fucking fine! Don't meddle in my own affairs! You have your life, I have mine. This has nothing to do with you anymore! You're not my boss, I'm not your worker!" I screamed out at him.

"If you're going to lie, at least look at me when you're doing it! You still don't get it, do you? I'm already in your life! How long will it take you to understand that!? You can't and won't get rid of me. I'll always be here for you Lillian, and I'll say it for as many times as you want."

I grit my teeth and looked at the floor, holding back my tears. What does he know about me?! I've only been working with him for a few months, yet, he already...

"When will you let me in Lillian?" Cameron whispered in my ear.

I trembled in fear at his words. Please stop...I don't need this. I don't want to fall deeper with you...

"What I want...is the key to your heart. You've lost someone precious to you, and you're just dealing with this by yourself. Share your burden with me, and just let it go. I'm always here for you Lillian," he gently told me, as he caressed my hair.

I flipped us over and pushed Cameron against the door. He looked down at me as I stared at his chest. "Cameron...now you've done it. Coming over here was a bad mistake for you...because of what you do to me," I slowly said. I looked up at him with watery eyes and yelled out, "What do you know about me!? Talking about wanting the key to my heart... You don't know about my burdens...my life. Everything that I told was only half of what I told Angela. Why...why do you want to get even more deeper with me?! It'll only lead to trouble!"

Cameron said nothing as I continued to speak. "Leave Cameron! Just leave!" I pounded my fists on Cameron's chest as I spoke. "Please Cameron...just leave." Pound. "Get out!" Pound. "I told you didn't I?!" Pound pound. "Please..." Sometime during the middle of this, my tears began to fall down my face.

Instead of leaving like I told him, he wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me. In that instant, I clenched onto Cameron's shirt and cried. We slid down the wall together, and he let me cry on his chest.

The Next Night
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Cameron..." I called out quietly.

"What is it?" He asked, as I laid on top of him on the sofa with his arms encircling me.

"I...I want to go to Angela's apartment," I said slowly.

He looked down at me in surprise. "Is that okay? I mean...are you sure that you'll be fine with this?" He asked with concern.

I weakly smiled up at him and nodded. "Of course I'm fine with this...besides..." I entwined our fingers together, and lowly said with a blush, "It's not like I'm going in there alone."

Cameron smiled warmly at me and kissed my forehead. "All right. We'll go right now then."

We stood in front of Angela's apartment silently. I took out my keys and found Angela's spare apartment key. I took a deep breath as I inserted the key in the lock, and turned it. Shaking, I put my hand on the doorknob, but couldn't bring myself to turn it. Cameron placed his hand on top of mine, and said, "It's all right...I'm here with you." I nodded slowly, and turned the doorknob with him.

We stepped into her apartment, and were shocked to walk inside. I looked around her apartment, and found the place completely ransacked. Her couch and cushions were reared open and thrown wherever. Her pots and pans were strewn everywhere, and her bed was a mess. I went into her closet and saw that her clothes and makeup were all stolen. It was completely empty. I clenched my teeth in anger. Just what exactly were they looking for!?

And then, it dawned on me. The money... Angela always held her earned money in her room while I held my earned money in my own. Don't tell me...that they were possibly looking for the money! I rushed past Cameron in a hurry, and started knocking on the wall.

"What are you doing?" He asked in confusedly.

"Come on, come one...where is it?" I spoke quietly to myself, ignoring Cameron's question. I heard a sound sounding different from the knocks of the other part of the wall, and knew I found the secret safe. I put my nails into the sides of the fake wall piece, and pulled gently. I pulled the wall piece all the say out until I saw the gray safe. I punched in the numbers for the safe quickly, and opened it.

My heart dropped. There was nothing left in the safe. All of the money...it's gone.

Cameron, seeing my saddened form, came to me and hugged me tightly. "Lillian...what's the matter?" He asked me.

"The money...the money that Angela saved up for us to leave... It's gone," I shakily worded out.

Cameron tightly gripped me in his hug and said, "Don't worry about it... If it's money you need, I'll help you leave here."

"Wait..Cameron you can't-!" I began to say until a phone was ringing.

He pulled away from me and answered his phone. "What's up Leon?" He asked on the phone. After a few words were said on the phone, Cameron's face began to change into shock and anger. "What do you mean the police are at my bar!?"

A/N

Fucks meh...I couldn't evenly divide this shit at a good timed part >_<..so :D I decide that this was good ^_^. Next happy is getting posted in a minute, literally. Lol :3. I wrote a one big chapter for this sweet moment *_*...for the day I update 2 chapters. Sniffle...that sweet sweet victory XD. I'll post in the morn, chu guys will be asleep and I'm starting to make spelling errors in my sleepy state.

Geez QAQ...anyways...I LOVE CHO FACES ):3. Nighty night!