Chapter Thirteen

Ainsley felt warm. Too warm. She opened her eyes and saw flames. She saw Cal lying next to her. "C-Cal, you gotta wake up," Ainsley mumbled.
"No. I wanna sleep," Cal said.
"Wake up. My nighty has gone missing," Ainsley said in an attempt to wake him up.

Cal's eyes shot open. He looked at Ainsley. She was breathing heavily. "Are you alright?"
"No. I can feel myself bleeding," Ainsley mumbled. She was in agony but needed to know Cal was okay.
"Me too," he said. He smiled and closed his eyes. Ainsley shook him. Cal whined.
"Come on baby," Ainsley said. She heard Jordan yell her name.

Ainsley managed to get Jordan's attention. Jordan covered herself in a blanket and pulled Ainsley out. She then went back in for Cal as the ambulance arrived. Cal and Ainsley were out safely. Both were getting medical treatment. Jordan was screaming in pain from the burns she got from saving cal and Ainsley.
Jordan had been assesed. She was going to be alright. She had minor burns. "You'll be alright. The burns are minor."
"Right."

Ainsley had been taken to Resus. She was losing blood but they didn't know where from. "Ainsley, where does it hurt?"
"I don't know."
Cal was being cleaned up and helped in resus. He was more worried about Ainsley. Cal passed out with smoke inhalation.

Ainsley was struggling to stay awake. Jordan came in.
"Help her please," Jordan sobbed. Charlie held Jordan as she broke down.
"She's going to be alright. I promise you," Charlie said.
"O-Okay."

They managed to stabalise Ainsley. "She's suffered a miscarriage. The baby wouldn't have survived," Connie said.
"Oh."

Cal was awake too. His latest girlfriend came in. "Oh my gosh, I was worried."
"I'm fine babe."
"Good. I don't want my hunky man being hurt."
"Whatever," cal mumbled. He wanted his new girlfriend to be Ainsley. He wanted her back. Cal's bed was pushed beside Ainsley's. He held her hand and smiled at her.

Cal's girlfriend tried to get his attention but it didn't work.
"Fine, we're over," she said.
"Good," cal mumbled. She stormed out.

Jordan came in. She had her burns dealt with.
"You okay?" Cal asked her. Jordan nodded.
"Are you?"
Cal nodded and rubbed the back of Ainsley's hand gently with his thumb.
"You still love her. Don't you?" Jordan asked.
"I do. More than anything," Cal said.
"She's with Iain."
"Yeah."

Ainsley woke. She saw Cal. "Are you alright?" Jordan asked.
"F-Fine. What happened?"
"Explosion babe," Iain said as he walked in.
Cal let go of Ainsley's hand and turned his back to her. He heard Iain kissing Ainsley and his heart broke. He tried not to cry. He knew it was his fault. He knew he messed up.

Jordan felt so sorry for Cal. She sat on the bed beside him. Connie came in.
"Ainsley sweetie, you've had a miscarriage. No baby could have survived what you and Cal did. Even if they weren't in the mother's womb," Connie said. Ainsley burst out crying. Iain held her tightly. "I'm sorry to say that you have severe damage to your liver. If you don't stop drinking then a transplant is needed."

Connie called Jordan outside. Ainsley watched as Connie talked to Jordan. She seen Jordan turn motionless. She knew something wasn't good.
"Iain, what's Connie saying?" Ainsley asked.
"I don't know babe," Iain said. Jordan came in and stood in the middle of resus. She fell to the floor in tears. Cal got up out of bed and went over to her.
"What's wrong?" Cal whispered. Ainsley and Iain couldn't hear them talking.
"I only have two weeks to live with my cancer," Jordan whispered back. Cal held her tightly.
"Iain can you call Jason?" Cal asked. Iain nodded and rang up in resus as no machines were running really.
They called Jason and he was coming in. Ainsley sat with Iain. "I'm sorry I lost our baby," she mumbled.
"Shh, I'm glad you're alive babe."
Ainsley cuddled into him. She saw Cal and smiled.

*Five Weeks Later*
Ainsley got on her shortest dress and curled her hair. She had bought a new house. Iain lived there too. "Right, I'll be back around 3am."
"Babe, don't drink."
Ainsley smiled. "I won't."
Jordan arrived at the house. She hugged Iain and dropped the kids off.
"They want to spend some time with you," Jordan said. Iain smiled and nodded.

Jordan and Ainsley headed to the pub. Jordan ordered twenty vodka shots.
"Wow! What's the rush?" Ainsley asked.
"I only have two more weeks to live," Jordan mumbled. She hadn't told Ainsley yet. Only cal and Jason knew.
"Chick I'm sorry," Ainsley said. Jordan began downing the shots.

Ainsley sighed. She got some shots for herself. She began downing them as quickly as she could.

Ainsley finished the shots. "I want a large vodka and coke."
"Really?"
Ainsley nodded and grinned. She could feel the pain. But she ignored it. "Come on."

Two guys walked over to them. "Well, look at these two sexy girls here."
"Oi oi!"

Ainsley was taken into the bathroom cubicles. She knew the guy began to have sex with her. She tried to push him away eventually but he smacked her head off the cubicle door. Ainsley felt the blood drip down her face.

Jordan didn't want sex. She whined but was too drunk to do anything. The guy bit her and left.

Jordan stumbled about to try to find Ainsley. She seen the other guy coming out of the female toilets. She went in and seen Ainsley's head bleeding. She drunkly called 999. An ambulance was on the way for her. She held Ainsley's hand. She could feel blood dripping from the bite on her arm but she didn't care.
The ambulance arrived. Ainsley was losing a lot of blood. She suddenly started puking up blood.

Iain ran in. "What happened?" He asked.
"She was drugged with GHB," the bartender said.
Ainsley was going drowsy. "Baby, talk to me."
"I-I feel sick," she mumbled. She had thrown up again. More blood came out.
"Her liver is failing," Jez yelled.
Iain and Jez took her straight to hospital. Jordan was left there. Jason came to pick her up.

Jordan got home and threw up on Jason. Jason carried her to his bathroom where she finished throwing up.

Iain and Jez got her stabilised.
"Right, liver transplant is waiting to come in. It's a risk to move her from resus," Connie said. Iain and Jez nodded. They left while the doctors began to do the transplant on her.
Even though Ainsley was unconcious, she was still coughing up blood. "We have to do this now."

Everyone was sitting in the relatives room. They were waiting for news on Ainsley. Sam had Madi on his lap. "Mummy?"
"She's being made better."

Iain was pacing. He was standing outside Resus. He saw Ainsley being cut open. He knew she would have to take medication for the rest of her life.
Iain sighed and sat against the wall. He wanted Ainsley to be okay. He wanted them to get married soon.

Jordan was finally sober enough to go to the ED to get checked. She was checked over and was fine.
"Don't see the point - not like I'll be here for much longer," Jordan mumbled. Jason sighed and took her to the relatives room.

The operation wasn't going well. Ainsley kept on losing blood. They couldn't see where they needed to go or do. "Time of death...."