Chapter Seventeen

Ainsley woke that morning and knew it was her little boy's funeral. She didn't want to say goodbye but she knew she had to. Not many people were attending. Only the ones Ainsley had invited.

Ainsley went downstairs that morning and saw Iain. He was in his suit ready. "Babe, we'll get through this. The kids are in day care," Iain said.
"Thanks," Ainsley mumbled. She saw her little boy's blanket that he had been wrapped in. "It doesn't seem fair," Ainsley said. She began crying.
Iain held her tightly. Iain helped her get dressed for the funeral. Ainsley wasn't wearing makeup. She just tied her hair back.

As Iain drove to the church, Ainsley gripped his blanket tightly.
"I want him back," Ainsley sobbed. Iain pulled over and held her.
"We can try for another one when you're ready and name him after him," Iain said. Ainsley nodded and gripped the blanket.
"Thank you," Ainsley mumbled. She saw Cal and Sam. She didn't have the heart to tell them that they could have been the father. "It's nice of them to come."
Iain agreed. He kissed her on the lips and got out the car.

Ainsley walked over to the car that held her baby's tiny coffin and broke down crying. "I want you back," she sobbed. She fell to the floor in bits.

Jordan ran to her and held her tightly.
"Shh sweetie," Jordan said. Ainsley sobbed into her. Iain lifted Ainsley and carried her into the church.

Ainsley sat with Jordan as Jason, Cal, Sam and Iain brought in the tiny coffin. Connie was sitting behind Ainsley and Jordan. She couldn't believe this was happening to her little girl."It's not fair that my little boy had to die," Ainsley sobbed. She looked at her mum. "I'm going to say a few words."
"Alright sweetie."

Ainsley stood and walked to the front of the church. "I didn't have my beautiful baby for long. I didn't have him at all. He was taken before I had a chance to know him. I loved him though. He was my little boy. My girls never got to meet their brother and they never will. I'll never get to see him walk or talk. When he sneaks girls into his bedroom. I want him back so much that last night, I almost killed myself to be with him."

Jordan and Connie looked at Iain. They didn't know about that. Iain never told them. Iain sighed and looked at his hands. His PTSD was getting worse especially after seeing Ainsley try to kill herself.

Jordan went up to Ainsley and held her. She brought her slowly back down. Ainsley was in hysterics.

Jordan and Connie took Ainsley home. Iain, Cal, Sam and Jason were going to discuss how they could help Ainsley.

Connie left to make sure the coffin got buried okay. Ainsley cuddled into Jordan. They were now in their pyjamas.
"I lost a baby too," Jordan finally admitted. She thought Ainsley needed to know
"Oh."
Jordan nodded. "It's fine though. I got over it. I'm strong."
"Yeah."

Iain returned a few hours later. He was drunk. "Iain?"
"Go."
Ainsley sighed. "Let's get you up to bed," she said.

Ainsley helped Iain up to bed and sighed. "I love you Ainsley," Iain slurred.
"Yeah. I know," Ainsley mumbled.

Ainsley needed to see Sam. She drove to his house. When he opened the door Ainsley broke down. Sam carried her inside. Connie had the kids.

Jordan was making dinner. Jason had taken the kids out for some ice cream. The doorbell rang. Jordan sighed and opened the door. Iain stood there. He was clearly drunk to Jordan.
"Come on you," Jordan said. She closed the door and helped him upstairs. Iain smirked and pulled Jordan onto the bed.
"Iain no!" Jordan said. Iain held her down. He was too heavy to move. That was when it happened...

Ainsley and Sam laid in bed. Sam kissed her and held her close.
"It's okay," Sam said. Ainsley sniffed.
"I want him back," Ainsley mumbled. She cuddled into Sam and fell asleep. She wanted her baby boy back so badly that she didn't want to carry on living. She knew she needed to though. For her girls.