3. Diner and Date.

EDITED

Chapter three:-

Rolling out of her bed, Tiara stretched and a lazy smile adorned her face when a satisfying click was heard. As per usual, she brushed her teeth and made herself somewhat acceptable to look at as she locked her apartment door to go to her neighbour's for Sunday brunch.

Fred opened the door as soon as the bell rang and smiled warmly at Tiara.

"Good morning, Fred," she chirped.

"Tiara, darling, get in. Martha, Tiara's here."

Mr and Mrs Wilson were one of those warm couples you read about in those bed time stories. Happily married for almost thirty years and owned a small diner nearby. Their own daughter was living in another State with her husband and they were more than happy to have Tiara at their house whenever they could make time to keep them company. Tiara was more than happy to do so too, what with the bonus free food she could get on every weekend.

"It smells lovely. What's for breakfast?" Tiara asks, her mouth salivating at the smell of home-made, non-packed food.

"Nothing special, sweetie. Just burritos," Martha said, presenting the food on the table as they all sat down at the kitchen counter.

Tiara eagerly dug in, when the landline started ringing and Fred went to pick it up.

After a few minutes, Tiara was almost done when Fred came back and sat down heaving a big sigh.

"What's wrong?" Martha asked, Fred having the attention of both the women at the table.

"Cindy called. She is sick and can't come today and she can't get anyone else to cover her shift," Fred explained and Martha's eyebrows drew together in worry.

"I can help if you want," Tiara offered.

"Are you sure? You don't have any other work, do you?" Fred asked. Though he was glad to have some help, he won't accept it if she was giving up her own plans for them.

"Zilch. And I'll be bored at home anyway. Honest," Tiara smiled.

"Thank you so much, sweetie," Martha said.

"That's no problem, but I want payment in dinner," Tiara grinned.

They laughed in response making the young lady frown slightly. She wasn't joking when she said she wouldn't mind them treating her to some dinner. (A/N: This is me and my friends lmao we've embarrassed ourselves so many times because we eat like pigs even in public.)

*

Tiara changed into her pajamas after showering—regardless of what others might think, it was her home and she'd wear whatever she felt comfortable in. She had just gotten off the phone when her front door suddenly opened.

"Honey, I'm home!"

"Claire!" Tiara squealed and pulled her in. Every weekend or whenever they found time, her friends and she would all get together and either go out or just stay home and watch movies.

"Where's food? I brought some movies with me," she said as she waved the DVDs at her friend.

"Aw, I'm fine, thanks for asking," Tiara said rolling her eyes. "I have just ordered food. It'll be here by the time Cat gets here."

"Love you," she said and blew her friend a kiss.

And not before long their other friend, Catherine, had arrived and they happily started munching on food while they gossiped as the movie played in the background.