12. Alpha Alexander Richard Thompson

EDITED

Chapter twelve:-

Christian was still mad at his brother for interrupting him and Tiara and not to mention, he wouldn't even stop giggling to himself beside him.

"You can shut up now and tell me why dad wanted to see me," Christian snapped.

"I can't help it," Chased howled in laughter. "You should've seen your face—priceless!"

"Why did dad call me?" Christian gritted out.

"Something about rogues—I'm not sure."

Christian sighed in exasperation at his younger brother and continued to quietly walk beside his snickering brother to the Packhouse.

"What's happened?" Christian said as soon as he barged into the meeting room in the Packhouse.

His father who was sitting behind the desk, answered, "You remember James? One of the fighters who was given the patrolling duties and died because of a wild animal attack?"

"Yes. What about him?" Christian asked, confused.

"His Mate died."

"What? How? Another rogue attack?"

"No. The Mate bond," his father grimly said. A shadow of darkness passed over everyone present in the room as a pin drop silence prevailed. Everyone empathized with her.

Let me explain it to you—Soulmates or Mates are very important among the Werewolves. As the name suggests, for a Wolf, his Mate means the worlds to him—someone who understands his soul and is the best companion he could ever get. Losing a Mate can be very painful and traumatizing. The depression and the weight of the loss are too much for even the strongest of the Wolves to bear. When a Wolf's Mate dies, so does a part of that Wolf. Some cannot even recover. The pain is sometimes even enough for the mourning Wolf to literally die for their Mate.

After a few minutes, Mason King broke the painful silence. "I also have to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"There has been a speculation going around that a human is within the premises of our Land," his father paused, gauging his son's expression closely. "And they doubt that this human is associated with you."

Christian's head immediately snapped in his brother's direction. Who else would rat him out? The only people in the Pack who knew about Tiara were his mother, Alec, Kristen and Chase. But Chase raised his hand in a way of surrender and fervently shook his head.

"Who told you that?" Christian gritted.

"The Wolves have seen and smelled the human, Christian. But that is beside the point. Are these accusations true?" His father asked in a steely tone.

"Yes." Christian saw no point lying. It had to be known to his father one day or another.

"Some also claim to have seen you being a little cosy with her."

"I guess so," Christian said sounding as detached as his father.

Christian could feel the tension building in the room. He could sense how almost everyone in the room was contemptuous of this.

"Is she why you rejected Veronica?"

Christian's jaw twitched. "Are we still stuck at her? I thought it was consented by the entire Pack that she wasn't even my Luna so nobody protested when I called the whole thing off. Besides, she is out of the picture now."