17. Dirty Secrets

EDITED 

Chapter seventeen:-

"Chase, what the hell were you thinking?" Christian yelled.

"I wanted to help, too. You never let me in on anything!" Chase accused.

"That's because you aren't old enough. You don't even turn eighteen till next month," Christian reasoned.

"That doesn't matter. You became Alpha at twenty-one and you weren't even mated," Chase scowled.

"And I had to face problems because of that! Do you know how many lives I have taken? Do you know how many nights I have spent sleepless because of the guilt and all the blood on my hands?" Christian spat. "You don't! And trust me when I say this, you don't even want to."

That shut Chase up as he simply glared at Christian.

"Now, listen to me. You will join the fighters one day and join us in all the battles, but now is not the right time. You will wait till you're ready."

"And when will I be ready?" Chase mockingly asked.

"When I tell you you're ready."

"That's ridiculous! I'll join whenever I want to."

"Now, Chase, enough. Listen to Christian," Nina finally spoke up having had enough with the screaming match of her brothers.

"You always take his side," Chase narrowed his eyes on their elder sister.

"Just... listen to us, okay? We are speaking from experience and only want what's best for you," Nina said, placing her hand on his shoulder to try and calm him down.

"Whatever," he snapped and stormed off to his room.

CHRISTIAN was looking through the reports Alec had brought him about yesterday's attack when Max came in to tell him about Chase. Apparently, the twin had snuck out and joined the troops yesterday to attack the rogues and had hurt his arm terribly as well. He had tried hiding it from his family but when Max had gone to the medical room to change his bandages, he was shocked to see Chase there; and when Christian found out, nobody could stop Christian from lashing out at his brother in front of the entire Packhouse as even his parents watched it unfold in worry.

*

It had been a few days since they had killed the rogues and still the trackers couldn't find another base. Christian had started to doubt the black wolf's words now.

"Alpha, with all due respect, I think we should stop the search now," Williams said.

"We can't stop when we have come this far and risk another attack from those mutts now," Christian said.

"But Alpha, it is consuming a lot of our money," Alec said.

"Let's keep this for another week and if nothing happens, then we'll stop the search," Christian said running his hand down his face in frustration. If what the rogue had said was indeed true, they were attacking and killing the Wolves to get to his Mate and he couldn't let that happen.

Everyone was reluctant but nodded anyway.

"Send Alpha Johnson and Alpha Evans a message telling about the rogues we found," Christian paused and continued. "Now, Alec have we got reports about how the rogues had managed to mask their scent."

"There are no signs of anyone being held hostage or any dead bodies of our Pack members. We still don't know how they managed to do it. But a map was found," Alec said, presenting the said map.