32. Surprises in the woods

EDITED

Chapter thirty-two:

"Christian, we need to talk."

Christian refused to allow her to do it. He knew exactly where this talk would go and he did not want it. "I'm sorry. Please forgive me?"

"I did not even say anything! Sit down first, please."

"I know what you want to talk about," he mumbled sitting down beside her. "But it won't happen again. I promise."

"Will you, please, first listen to me?" She asked.

"Okay," he muttered.

"Tell me what's wrong. I know something is going on and I know that you're worried and I want to be there for you. So tell me, what's going on?"

He took a deep breath, trying to choose between either telling her the truth, worrying her and making her feel guilty about everything and sabotaging their relationship or lying to her and sabotaging their relationship.

Deciding that she already had a lot on her plate and knowing that he had been a complete ass to her these couple of days, he chose the latter option. He promised himself that when he would make this all right and everything would be back to normal, he would tell her the complete truth. "Rogues. We can't get to them. And it's making me mad. It's been about a year and we still haven't gotten anywhere near getting a hold of them and stopping this."

She sympathised with him but she couldn't really help him in that department. "I'm sorry. You'll get them soon. Just be patient. They're bound to do something stupid sooner or later and then you can get them," she smiled, but ended cringing at her own words that seemed utterly over optimistic even to her.

He chuckled at her poor attempt of making him feel better. "Thanks."

"Now, are you coming to bed or not? It's pretty late. You need sleep. Come."

He stared at her in disbelief. Is she just going to pretend nothing happened about an hour back?

"Tiara, are you sure you don't want to talk about anything else?"

"I thought you didn't even want to talk about it?" She raised her brows at him, amused at his sudden change in mood.

"I don't want to. But we need to," he paused. "Look, what happened back there, I'm sorry. I really am. I was...I was mad at something and then you came in. We, Wolves, are never too good when we are mad and I was just on the verge of shifting and then I saw you and I lost control."

"What do you mean by you lost control?"

He sighed. He had forgotten for a minute that his Mate couldn't really know how Wolves were. "It wasn't really me there—it was my Wolf, my animalistic subconscious. I usually have control even when I'm in my Wolf form but when I'm extremely mad, I lose that control. And when it is my Wolf in charge, everything gets a little bit violent and primitive.

"Tiara, my Wolf recognises you as my Mate more than I do. And you're timing was just bad. When it saw you, it wanted to mate with you and I'm sorry. I won't ever lose control again," he apologised, looking and sounding so sorry that she couldn't find it in herself to be mad at him. Not like she really was in the first place.

"It's okay," she assured him.

"It's not, though. Every time I promise to never hurt you again, I end up doing just that. Each time getting worse than the last. I'm so sorry."

"Christian, honestly it's okay," she smiled encouragingly at him.

"Why aren't you mad at me?"

"I love you, so, I guess I'll have to learn to put up with your shit sooner or later," she shrugged. (A/N:- Please notice no drama here :D )