13. Exes and Ohs

EDITED 

Chapter thirteen:-

Christian pulled his hand out of Ricatos's grasp by the appalling sight he just witnessed. He stared wide eyed at Ricatos as he tried to slow down his breathing, silently asking, no, begging Ricatos to tell him that what he had just seen was not true.

Ricatos lips were set in a grim line as he wordlessly negated Christian's silent pleas. In fact, Ricatos himself had been quite disturbed when he first had read about it.

Zoimanika carefully scrutinized all of Christian's facial expression—to see if the prophecy and the gravity of this situation had made him give up, while hoping on the inside that her assumptions were false.

The cottage echoed silence for a long time, each of them thinking about the same thing, yet having different thoughts and perspectives. The wind outside was howling, indicating it was now growing dark as the dusk set in.

The inside of the room felt stuffy—it felt too uncomfortable for Christian to be in. He wanted to go out, breathe in the fresh air. Yet he couldn't. His legs just wouldn't move. Heck, his eyes still couldn't look away from where they had been fixated and staring for the past quarter of the hour.

He just couldn't shake off the feeling of utter darkness he was feeling within. He just felt so...void and hollow.

Hearing to the story was a different thing; reading the story was a different thing; but actually seeing it all happen? Seeing the deaths of so many people unfold before him? Seeing the rogues attack everyone—women, children and men alike, while he was there but knowing that there was nothing he could do? Watching the Alpha hold his family and take his life like that whilst he just stood there, unable to process it all?

It was awful—worse than that. His anger and intolerance towards the rogues only grew so much more.

"Christian, are you okay?" Ricatos couldn't control his worries anymore. Christian hadn't spoken since a long time, and quite frankly, it was eery—seeing him sit like that with such a gloomy, dark expression on his face. He had started to regret showing him the whole story.

"Yes." There was nothing Christian could think about. His mind was running at a thousand thoughts per second, yet he wasn't thinking anything at all.

His mind slowly wandered back to the last time he had met this Seer and the vision he had then. He almost asked him to show him that as well, but he knew that even if he somehow would control his emotions, his Wolf wouldn't. His wolf was way too primitive, animalistic and instinctive to experience something like that. And truthfully speaking, nobody could ever muster up enough power to watch their loved ones die.

Tiara was going to die too. Was this how it was going to be? A life for a life—Tiara's life for Luna Jane's and Elias's? Was he like Alpha Thompson—too arrogant for his own good?

Things felt like it were starting to fall in place even though Christian hopelessly prayed that he was wrong. He was reading too much into it. But, his mind just wouldn't stop coming up with the most worst of the predicaments.

"What happened to that Pack after Alpha Thompson?" He quietly asked.

"Nobody knows exactly what happened. But the Pack had already been torn when their Luna died. But apparently when their Alpha died, he had made sure to kill every rogue and humans who had dared enter into his Packhouse. The remaining rogues were killed by the Wolves who sought vengeance for their Alpha and their own families.

"Yet, nobody could stop the Pack from getting destroyed. There was chaos—without anyone to lead and guide them, they went almost insane until they finally all left the Pack and went their own different ways. Some stayed together and started their own small Packs. Some became rogues.