33. Yes

EDITED

Chapter thirty-three:-

By the time Christian, Alec and Williams had wrapped up their meeting, it had gotten pretty late. Christian, still not having had gotten over the potential life threatening situation his Mate had been in, insisted that Tiara not go to their home alone and sleep in the Packhouse.

But when he couldn't find her in his room, he panicked. Trying to calm himself enough to try and find her, he found her scent and followed it only to reach a familiar, different room in the Packhouse.

Seeing Tiara all curled up with Carl in the bed warmed his heart. But it also brought back unwanted memories of when Harold had reminded him of the reality.

He always knew in the subconscious part of his mind that it would almost be impossible for them to conceive a child together but he had never actually sat down to think about it. It probably wouldn't have even bothered him if he didn't belong to the Alpha family. But that wasn't what was the reality. He could always have other means of getting an heir, but that Wolf wouldn't be as strong as his child with his Mate would've been.

He had wanted pups of his own ever since he could remember but now, if he had to choose, he would much rather not have children than lose his Mate by taking any chances. He could always live without something he never had; but to even think about living without his Mate—whom he had been lucky enough to hold in his arms and feel her, body and mind, and had the chance to find true love and happiness of life with—he just knew he would be devastated. To lose something, that he knew was so much more beautiful than words itself, would kill him. It would kill him if anything ever were to happen to his Mate. And he couldn't let his desires harm his Mate.

He lowered himself to pick her off the bed when he awoke Carl, who was wrapped up in her arms. "What are you doing?" The little boy groggily asked as he clung himself closer to the woman in whom he had found warmth and love for the first time in a long time.

Looking at the little boy, he couldn't bring his mind to selfishly take away Tiara from him. "I'm making some space for me to lie down," he smiled at the boy whom he had always adored.

A bright smile lit up the poor orphan's face. In the cold nights like tonight's, he had always had blankets to keep him warm. But now, the child had someone he could seek the warmth in. He quickly scooted and smiling at the boy's eagerness, Christian quickly got into his other side.

This bed wasn't as comfortable as his was, but the comfort that came with holding the love of his life and a child was more than that provided by any king sized bed.

*

"Here is everything you asked for," Alec handed a phone and file to Christian. Christian still couldn't believe the fact that Harold had been the culprit. He had underestimated him; he still was quite baffled by how Harold had gotten away with whatever he had done. All the other paperwork was soon forgotten as he quickly snatched the file from Alec and gripped it tightly in his hands, trying to contain his anger.

"His phone wasn't locked?" Christian asked, shocked that a man with so many secrets up his sleeve would keep his phone unprotected.

"Diana helped us," Alec sighed. "She is still in shock as well," he informed Christian about Harold's Mate.

"She didn't know about him?"

Alec shook his head.

"And what about Veronica?"

"She was unaware about it all, too."

Christian nodded his head as he started going through the file first. It had records and agreements between Noah and Harold that dated back to ten months. Christian recalled that it was around the time when he called of the mating ceremony with Veronica. How had he not seen what sort of a cunning, ungrateful mutt Harold actually was?