24. Conflicting feelings

EDITED

Chapter twenty-four:

"We searched the entire area up to almost 5-mile radius but we couldn't find him. We couldn't even track him—his smell got lost with all the others in the traffic," Alec reported.

"Fuck it," Christian cursed. "He was in Tiara's apartment just minutes before I got there. She knows him, maybe I can see if she could help us."

"Do you think she will be willing to help us?" Williams piped up.

"What do you mean, Williams?" Christian snapped at him. In his defense, he was having a bad night.

"Luna knew this Noah character, and according to what I gathered, she wanted to hide that fact from you," Williams elaborated.

"That still makes no sense. What are you trying to say?" He said through clenched teeth.

"Exactly what you think I'm trying to say, Alpha," Williams calmly said as the others uncomfortably watched on.

"Just because she knows him doesn't mean she's with him! And do not forget, she is your Luna—my Mate. You will not talk that way about her!" He growled as the rest of the room reduced to a pin-drop silence.

"My apologies, Alpha," Williams replied.

"Christian, you can't simply overrule that possibility," Harold Alexis interrupted.

"I will have none of that nonsense being discussed here. She will never betray us. I would've known if something was going on," he tried really hard to not lose his temper on the older man out of respect.

"How else are you going to explain these rogues' knowledge about the entire Pack's layout?" Mason King said, backing his Beta.

"She doesn't know about the patrolling duties of this Pack or doesn't even know about all the other parts of the Pack. She only knows how to get in and the Packhouse and the Alpha's house," Alec pointed out.

"But that doesn't mean—"

"Enough!" Christian shouted, banging his hand on the wooden table to ascertain his finality. "If you all will stop accusing your Luna and actually put your energy into finding these rogues that would be more productive."

Mason looked at his son in disapproval but kept his mouth shut anyway.

"Now as I was saying," Christian continued. "I'll try getting his whereabouts from Tiara and we will see how to go from thereon. For now, this is all."

*

Tiara was in the middle of her work when there was a knock on her door.

"Come in," she looked up from her desktop to look at who would be visiting her.

"Hey," Luke came in smiling.

"Luke, what are you doing? Please, leave!" She said sounding annoyed.

"You seem to be in a mood. Is everything okay?" He asked sitting in the chair opposite hers and completely ignoring her words.

"Luke, not today," she sighed. Her emotions were all over the place and she couldn't afford to let Luke in.

"What's wrong?" Luke asked again.

"Nothing! I just have lots of work," she lied as she looked at her computer screen.

"You know that after being for almost three years with you, I can tell when you're lying, right?" Luke said as he placed his forearms on the table and leaned forward.