21. The Betrayal

EDITED

Chapter twenty one:-

"What's happened?" Christian asked.

"The rogues were acting much brave this time. They were well inside our Packland trying to cause trouble but we managed to catch hold of one of them. Only he chose to poison himself before leaking anything to us," Alpha Bradley Johnson said.

"Just when we thought we had the entire situation under control," Christian sighed.

"But they could've cost much havoc than what they did. They could have easily attacked and killed us when we were least expecting it. But they didn't—there's something those sick pigs are plotting against."

"What possibly could they want from us? Their motive has always been to disrupt the peace of the people belonging to the mainstream society and even when they have the chance, they're refusing to act upon it," Christian confusedly said.

"I've also called the Packs that are a little farther away from us—Alpha Brown and Alpha Knight when I heard that they've been under attack as well. They should be arriving here any moment. We can take this matter up with them and see what next step we should take," Alpha Johnson said composing himself.

WHEN the Alphas along with a few of their Pack fighters came to the Pack Moon, they immediately launched themselves into putting their best trackers into work to see if they could get even the slightest sniff of the rogues. They along with the trackers roamed the Southern areas in and out of the Packland to find a clue when a howl echoed throughout from the North-Eastern borders perking every Wolf's ears in attention.

Pounding their paws against the ground, the Wolves raced towards where they heard the sound from to see a Wolf from Alpha Brown's Pack standing near a dead body of a young girl who looked about seventeen years of age. Her corpse seemed to be recklessly thrown from far away as her body laid in an awkward way with her arms hanging loosely like as if broken as blood continued to flow from her shoulders and neck. But what was more haunting than her bloody body, was the haunting and panicked expression on her face and her beautiful blue eyes, which seemed to have the summer sky in it, stare back at the Wolves in despair.

The first thing that ran through Christian's mind when he saw the girl was that she was supposed to be someone's Mate and now her Mate will never find her. His eyes were transfixed on her when Alpha Johnson took it upon himself to scrutinise the matters. He went up to her lifeless body and saw a parchment kind of roll tied around one of her wrists. He shifted and gently pulled the paper out to see a note was addressed to them in what suspiciously appeared to be blood—no doubt this poor girl's blood.

His jaw clenched when his eyes scanned what was written on the paper. He read it out loud for the others to know as well—

"Prepare yourselves while you still can, Alphas. We will be gladly waiting to attack you."

A frown marred upon most of the Wolves faces. The rogues even knew about the other Alphas and their Wolves that have come along with them.

Bradley Johnson tucked the paper into the girl's pants and crouched down to carry her to their Packhouse—he couldn't leave the girl's body to rot here.

"Stephen, take some of the Wolves with you and try seeing if you can track those scoundrels down. They appear to have thrown her body from a distance, maybe from outside the Pack boundary. Perhaps, in fear of getting caught," Alpha Johnson commanded, trying to see if there was any trace of their smell in the area. "And keep updating me."

Stephen's black Wolf bowed its head and along with a dozen or so Wolves, ran through the trees and outside the boundaries.

"Let's all go back to the Packhouse," Bradley said and all the Wolves immediately ran like the wind in the direction of the house.