19. Mating the Unmated

EDITED

Chapter nineteen:-

The wolf standing before Tiara growled in its animalistic way, making her jump up in fright like a cat.

"Christian!" Nina scolded. "You're frightening her."

He scowled at his sister but his sneer baring his canines only made Tiara feel more scared as her wide, frightened eyes looked at everyone with confusion. "Christian!" His sister snapped again sensing Tiara's discomfort and he went inside.

"Veronica, she can't be your Mate," Kristen said trying to put some sense into her mind. "She's a human and taken."

Veronica snapped out of her daze but her deep green eyes and slightly extended canines remained. "Not her. She smells like my Mate."

Tiara clung to Nina looking at the other woman's wild look.

"She smells like a rogue," Nina muttered. "Veronica, congrats."

Tiara looked at Nina as she was offended by her words. "I smell like a rogue?"

"Tiara, you must pardon me. I didn't mean it like that. Who have you been associating with recently?" Nina asked as she and her brother shared the same worry. Veronica who seemed to be so influential and know each and every secret about this Pack couldn't be mated to a rogue. It could only mean unwanted trouble. Even they understood that Mate came before Pack for any Wolf.

Tiara felt awkward at being asked such a personal question. Why did they even want to know anyway?

"My father and his family," she finally answered. "But they left yesterday morning."

Christian came out now having pants on. "I thought you didn't talk to your father?"

"I met him recently and worked out our differences," she mumbled.

"Where did they go?" Veronica asked impatiently.

"Manchester," Tiara answered as she for the first time saw the woman who was always so collected and composed growing so restless.

Veronica looked defeated. "My Mate is a rogue?" She smiled wryly remembering that her father who was always so hungry for power and position would never accept this.

"But," Tiara started and cleared her throat not knowing how to continue—she didn't want to say something and make Veronica mad. "My sister is attending college here."

"I didn't know you have a sister," Christian asked again.

"She's my dad's wife's daughter."

"Take me to her," Veronica said as everyone once again stared at her in surprise.

*

Tiara called Amanda's phone but it went to her voicemail. "She must be somewhere out right now," Tiara said taking her phone away from her ear.

"Oh," Veronica said sadly.

"We can still go meet her. We can wait in her dorm room till she comes back," Tiara offered to which Veronica nodded her head enthusiastically.

Christian anxiously drove to her campus—he probably was willingly walking into the den of a rogue. When he pulled in, Veronica immediately shot out of the car and Tiara was hot on her trail too.

On their way to her dorm, Tiara's phone rang. "Amanda, where are you?"

Hearing to her, Veronica stopped in her tracks as she tried hearing to Amanda's voice.