Chapter 2 - And It Begins.

*Ashton's POV*

I put my bags down along with the boys behind me.

"Ladies, welcome to LA." Luke announced, referring to Calum, Michael, and I.

well, amazing when you're referring it to the fans and any other social life I have besides love.

The moment we walked in, Michael immediantly pulled out his phone. "Mikey, we just arrived to our home and have been here for about five minutes. Who could you possibly be trying to contact?"

"Aria." He replied and said to Luke as if it weren't a big deal.

"You can't do that." I said without thinking. I've managed to spend five months forgetting about her and I'm slowly processing. I haven't seen her or talk to her since we all parted ways at the airport.

"But.." Calum frowned. Luke, Michael, Cal, and I, along with the 1D lads, had to stop speaking to her.

It was our other bosses. Simon was out sick when they decided to just cancel out all communication with Aria. We thought it was awful at first, because it was Aria. Louis and Calum were the most upset, if I may add. They were pissed.

It was only because I think Calum and Louis were the closest to Aria then all of us combined, even though she and I had our every imtimate moments.

Apart of us didn't want to just cut her out of our lives just like the snap of our fingers.

But the other part knew it was for the best. She was an emotional pain because of us. So, after all the pros and cons, we decided to just do it. For the benefits of us and her.

"Why?" Luke asked, sadness in his voice. They really did miss her. I did too. More than ever actually.

"You know what they said. And put yourself in her position for a second. We can't just magically pop into her life again." The words I spoke even killed me a bit to say. "We just can't." I looked down to my shoes.

I heard Calum huff. "Then hopefully we won't run into her."

"LA's a big city." Michael added.

I ran a hand through my hair. "Get your stuff put away. The show starts at eight and with traffic and all, we have to leave in about ten minutes." I heard Luke command before running upstairs. "I call this room!" He shouted from upstairs.

"Fuck!" Michael swore before running upstairs followed by me and Calum.

--

We finally manage to make our way to the balcony Max had reserved for us privately, meaning it was just the four of us while the rest of the crowd was somewhere that isn't here. The venue was quite nice, I may add.

"Boys!" We heard the all too familiar voice shout from behind us, causing us to turn around. "I'm glad you guys can make it." Max hugged us each individually.

"We wouldn't miss the chance to see you perform." Calum patted his shoulder. It was true. Max was a good friend of ours and we always have wanted to see him perform.

"Well, hey, I'll catch up to you guys in a bit. Show starts in a bit." He told us before running off to get ready.

The times we waited consisted of small chit chat here and there. I leaned my back against the railing and saw a familiar red head in the dark.

"Ed?" I called out. The figure stopped and turned around. "Hey, bud! Long time no see!" I smiled at him as he walked towards us.

"What brings you here?" Michael asked.

He looked a bit shocked in seeing us. "To watch the show.. You?"

"For Max. And the show." I added in.

As the boys talked to him, I couldn't help but feel like he was abit.. uneasy.

"Well... I better get going to my spot." He chuckled and trailed.

"No, No, No." I stopped him. Something seems a bit fishy. "Watch with us." I smiled at him, pointing towards our view.

"But, I--"

"C'mon Ed." Luke supported.

He looked at us in silence before sighing. "Fine."

Right on cue, the curtains were pulled apart and out showed Max.

"Let the show begin." I heard Ed mutter under his breath.

"Thank you to everyone who bought tickets, you won't regret it!" Max shouted into the mic, causing everyone to laugh. "I'm Max Schneider and that's my brother, Kurt. We're going to start the night off with Nothing Without Love."

--

The night consisted of some original songs by Max himself and some really great covers. Those two were talented lads.

"Tonight has been amazing!" Kurt panted into the mic with Max by his side.

"But, it isn't over yet. We have one more cover for you and it's quite special." Max smiled. "If you have any kind of light, just wave them in the air, and lets the night end with something... soothing." He and Kurt disappeared into the darkness on the stage and the crowd grew silent.

After a minute, two lights were shining behind towards the direction of the grand piano and the microphone. Kurt arrived and sat down, playing the keys to 'Somewhere Only We Know'.

Max started and man, this guy was talented.

"I walked across, an empty land.
I know the pathway like the back of my hand.
I felt the earth, beneath my feet.
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Oh simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old, and I need something to rely on.
So tell me when, you're gonna let me in.
I'm getting tired, and I need somewhere to begin."

It was a woman's voice. Her voice softly harmonized with Max's. I couldn't quite figure out whose voice it was, but it was so damn familiar. The dark stage was only lit behind Max and Kurt, the only two visible on stage.

A third light lit up a few feet away from Max, revealing a girl's figure. Her hair blending in with the darkness and her curls fell around her head as she faced down. The blue dress she wore stuck to her body and admired her curves.

Calum, Michael, Luke, and I stood there with wide eyes, looking at the singing beauty with no identification.

"I came across a fallen tree."

She lifted her face as she sang the lyrics. My eyes nearly popped out of my head at the sight. All the lads looked at her and then back to me.

"I felt the branches of it looking at me.
Is this the place, we used to love?
Is this the place that I've been dreaming of?"

She's actually here, only a couple hundred feet away from me. I guess LA isn't that much of a big city after all.

"Oh simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old, and I need something to rely on.
So tell me when, you're gonna let me in.
I'm getting tired, and I need somewhere to begin.

And if you have a minute why don't we go,
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything.
So why don't we go,
Somewhere only we know.
Somewhere only we know."

Aria sang with so much emotion. I thought it kind of related to.. us. I couldn't even focus on Max's voice or the boys' stares. My eyes and thoughts remained on Aria the whole time.

She was silent as Max sang his part. I could see the glisten in her eyes from the light the crowd provided. I wonder what she's thinking. I'm always wondering what she is thinking. Her mind is filled with deadly yet, beautiful thoughts.

"Oh simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on."

Her voice was like sex. Seriously. I know this is a serious matter, but fuck, did I miss her.

"So tell me when, you're gonna let me in.
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin.

And if you have a minute, why don't we go,
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything.
So why don't we go,
Somewhere only we know.
Somewhere only we know."

Her eyes traveled the crowd and landing on our balcony as she sang the last line.

"Somewhere only we know.."

I know she couldn't see us. It was completely dark up here and I know she wouldn't be able to us because of the darkness.

"Thank you all for coming tonight and let's give it up for a good friend of mine, Aria Rose Cowell!" Kurt came beside Aria with Max on the other side of her.

The crowd clapped and cheer and they did one final bow together before the curtains closed shut.

The lights turned on and people began to clear out. I was still in shocked and looked at the spot where she once stood.

Five months.

It was five fucking months. We didn't see eachother. We didn't communicate.

Nothing.

"Ashton..?" Luke put his hand on my shoulder, turning me around. "Did you see--"

"Yeah." I interrupted with my mouth agape.

"Are you--"

"Yeah."

"Can you--"