Chapter 4 - Happy New Years.

*Aria's POV*

'7:00 Party at our place :-) New yearssssss.' The text from Luke read.

'Do I have to go?' I replied. I already knew I didn't have a choice.

After I was able to shower and get ready for work, he text back. 'Yes. You do live across from us and I won't hesitate to drag you over here.'

I laughed lightly and looked at myself in the mirror.

Since it was the last day of the year, I decided to wear a dress. It was a black dress that reached mid-thigh. The back was a bit see through since it was made out of lace. My hair was slightly wavy as it hung down my shoulder.

After today, it would be a new year. 2014. A completely new start.

I put a bit of extra food for Milo before I headed to the studio. The drive wasn't as long as it always is, to be honest.

"Ms.Rose." The security greeted as he opened the door for me. "Looking lovely."

"Morning, Josh, but it's just Aria." I laughed, looking back at him.

"There's a package sent up to your studio." He told me before the lift door closed.

I dropped my bag on the couch and sat down on my chair with the package on my lap. Opening it carefully, it revealed a CD.

Across it wrote 'PLAY ME' in familiar hand writing. Shrugging off the thought, I put it in the DVD player and watched as a video and music began to play.

It was the boys. Luke, Calum, Michael, and Ashton began to play the song. It wasn't just any sound though. It was the song Calum told me he would send me..

"Every night I almost call you,

Just to say, 'It will always be you,

Wherever you are.'"

I listened to the song probably more than I should have before I shut it off. It was too much. I'm trying my damn almighty best to move on, but by this song-- it isn't helping at all.

I took out and put it back in it's case, only to have it go straight into my bag.

Work. I need to focus on work, right now.

I managed to push every thing aside and edited some beats and songs, writing down some notes to call in certain artists to redo some verses.

Today is going by slow.

Too damn slow.

--

Okay. I can do this. I thought to myself has I walked up to the door of the 5SOS household.

Right when I was about to knock, the door opened revealing a smiling Luke. "Aria!" He pulled me into a hug and led me into the house with his arm draped around me. "Glad you can make it."

"Not that I had a choice." I huffed out, only to have Luke chuckling.

There were a few drinks here and there. Some people were dancing, some were in their own conversation. Luke led me to the backyard and to a group of guys.

"Aria, you remember the Janoskians." He pushed me forward a bit and in front of the lads who were taller than me. "James, Daniel, Beau, Luke, and Jai." He introduced.

"Yeah, I remember." I smiled. Without warning, they each individually gave me a hug, some lasting a bit longer than others. "What are you guys doing in LA?"

"We could be asking you the same." Beau teased. "We moved here a few months back. Your reason?"

"Moved in five months ago. Working at Syco." I smiled, proud of my work.

I started a brief conversation with them while Luke left me alone. That fucker.

I didn't mind being left alone, I just.. didn't want to be left alone.

"So, are you single?" Daniel asked out of the blue. "Or are you still with Ashton?"

I tensed a bit at the reminder. "I'm single." I breathed out, running a hand through hair, only to have it ruffled up even more.

"Oh.." They said quietly. "How do you li-"

"Aria!" I spun around at the sound of Dakota's voice. I turned around back the boys. "Excuse me." I smiled a bit, turning around.

"She's still hot, bro." I heard one of them muttered as I walked away, causing me to chuckle lightly to myself.

"How do you like the party?" She asked me as Michael, Luke, and Calum created a small group with us.

"It's cool. Not too loud, not too quiet." I responded to her.

My back faced the back door and we created small conversations.

I haven't seen Ashton yet which is quite a reliever to me. "What time is it?" I asked her.

She looked down at her watch. "Forty-two minutes past ten." When Dakota looked up, she froze.

"Guys!"