Chapter 16 - Return

Aria's POV*

I can't believe all of those following events happened in a time line of an hour and thirty fucking minutes. My current emotions made me feel mentally disabled, but on the outside, I didn't show one sign of sadness. My Mother was now a no one to me all because of the fact that she basically showed that my father, Jason, and I weren't good enough of a family for her. She wanted more.

I couldn't get past that she had an affair. Now I understood why Dad wasn't happy anymore. I understood why he did the things he did. I'm not saying it is okay for a man to hit a woman or be abusive in general, I'm just saying that Mother had it coming to her. Before he found out, our family was the literal definition of a weird, perfect family.

"Are you okay, Ars?" Jason took a glance at me before shifting his gaze back towards the road. "I know things happened all too quickly, but are you sure you want to actually get to know him?" His words caused me to think a little longer.

Did I really want to get to actually know the man that ruined my childhood? Was I going to let him into this fortress I mentally built only for those who truly belonged?

Truth be told-- yes, I was. "None of this is technically his fault, Jason. Now that I got my reasons, I think it would be right to give him a chance at family."

"But he--"

"He still cared about us!" I snapped, a scowl definite on my face. I swear my mouth was saying the words before I could think them out. "It's not his fault that he had to drink away the fucking pain of his wife of two kids cheating on him. Mum betrayed us. I know I probably sound like a drama queen of some sort but I feel like she lied about our whole life."

Jason went left of the free way towards the small outlet. Once he was in and parked in front of Starbucks, he turned his body to face me. "Look, Aria, as your older and only brother, I'm going to tell you this. She is still our Mother. Whether you like it or not, Gesellya fucking Cowell is still our Mother. You can ignore her, yes, but you can't dodge her. Mum loves us. She may have had other children behind out backs but she loves every breath we make and every moment she spends with us."

I unfastened my seat belt and got out of the car, hearing the drivers car door being open after I slammed mine shut. Huffing out a deep breath, I ran a hand through my hair while my other was on my hip. "Are you seriously taking her side right now?" I shouted from one side of the car. "We weren't enough for her, Jason! She had to go and whore around until she finally got pregnant with another son. I don't know how many times I have to tell you this but she betrayed us. I could understand if she and Dad divorced then have kids, but while she is still with Dad?"

I know I couldn't dodge Mum. She was my Mother for fucks sake. Telling her I didn't want her in my life wasn't something I regret, though. I meant every word I said to her. Maybe I'll come around, but not anything soon. Cheating is just wrong. She's currently my antagonist in this story I live in.

"Aria," Jason sighed, frustration clear on his face. The only thing separating me from my brother is the hood of his car. "I know she fucked up. She knows she fucked up! She can't undo her birth giving to the- the twins or her son or the cheating! Mum screwed up, yes, but you know damn well that woman loves us. I told you, she may love her other children, however we are still her blood. Full Cowell and Fargo in our veins. That woman loved every moment watching us grow and no matter what you may fucking think, she is still our damn mother who loves us. She would do anything to have us back."

"Is that so?" I challenged, seeing his eyes narrow at me. "She loves us? Oh my God, Jason, she must do love us so fucking much!" I shouted sarcastically. At first I was testing the waters, but now I'm in too deep to go back up. "She loves me so much to the point to sending me all the way back to London for 'experience', only for me to have the cruelest few months of my life. And you?"

"Aria, don't--"

"You!" I bitterly chuckled. "She must have loved you a lot too! She loved you so much to the point where she didn't even bother to try to look for you when you ran away." Jason stared at me with hurt clear on his face. He opened his mouth only to close it again and swallow, causing his adam's apple to bounce. Jason closed his eyes for a few seconds before opening them again, anger and still pain in eyes.

Without saying a word, Jason got into his car and reverse out the outlet. I watched as his car turned out into the freeway and away from my direction, leaving me by myself and alone with the hatred, pained thoughts running through my head.

--

Dad sighed before taking a seat in front of me. "Aria, um. Ho-"

"You were right." I cut him off, wanting to get straight to the point. "You were right about Mum."

He looked at me with regret before opening his mouth to speak again. "I didn't tell you to ruin your relationship with your Mother. I just thought it would be right to tell you so you wouldn't hate me as much.." Dad didn't make eye contact with me as he said this.

"I don't hate you.." I began until I corrected myself. "As much anymore for the matter. But I just thought it would be nice to give you a chance at proving to me that you can be a Father and make up for the past couple of years."

When I looked up at him, his face held one of complete surprise, as if he didn't believe I was actually offering him this. "That's-- Well, amazing! I want to learn more about you, if you don't mind." Dad had a proud smile on his face with his fingers crossed in front of him on the table.

And that's how the conversation began. I learned a lot about my Father and I told him a lot about me. Of course I excluded the drama with the boys, I just told him the obvious, simple things. However I couldn't help but think about Jason. I know what I said to him was wrong, but it had to be said. He needs to know how much of a monster she really is.

I would most likely apolgize to him later on, but in the meantime, I will be bonding with my Dad.

Those words coming from my mouth sounded completely foreign-- especially when coming from me.

Ashton's POV*

"Aria's coming back today, Aria's coming back today. Who's coming back? Aria is!" Luke sang in a high pitched vocal range and soon enough, Calum and Michael joined him.

It was true though, Aria was coming back today and things would be a bit-- interesting, so to say.

Jai was going to tell Aria, that I knew. However what I didn't know is when he's going to bring it up and how he's going to tell her. That girl has been through a load and I know this may have sounded like a set up, but I want to be the good guy in this situation.

Sure, I knew and should have told her when I found out but you have to understand that it wasn't for me to tell. It was Jai's.

We were just sitting on the couch in the living room at Aria's house. Her roommate, Sara, just got back home three hours ago on some sort of vacation and gave us a key to the house once she found out who were to Aria. I mean, it was a bit weird at first but we could still sneak in whenever.

The house was filled with many vinyls covering the walls, a record player in almost every room. The Arctic Moneky's AM record was currently blasting out throughout the house and I hummed along to the lyrics of R U Mine.

"And satisfaction feels like a distant memory."

"Aria!" Michael shouted, jumping over the couch and almost tripping to where Aria was. She stood there with a lazy smile on her face and it kind of made me laugh when she basically just sang lyrics to a song to get us to notice her being back.

"We've missed you so much!" He grinned, picking her up and spinning her around in the process.

Aria's smile was on alert, as if she was trying to warn us with her eyes. All of the 'I miss you's' were exchanged and it wasn't very long until Jai and Luke walked to the door. I made direct eye contact with Jai as soon as he leaned in for a kiss.

However, before their lips could connect, a hand was placed in between the two's lips. "Um, excuse me?" He mumbled out.

"I'm sorry, sir, this is private property." Luke chuckled awkwardly, as if he was afraid to even say anything to the tatted, buffed up man.

Observng everyone in the room, his comment came out loud and clear. "I would prefer to not see a boy kiss my daughter right in front of me."