Chapter 12 - It Happened.

*Aria's POV*

I bounced my knee up and down nervously as we were thirty minutes away from LAX. Since Jason told me the news, my mind has been filled with bogus bullshit. All I could think about was what had happen back then. From the screaming, to the abusive acts, and the deadly glares. Dad was always the one to be an all- too- happy person. I may would have been twelve years old when he went crazy, but years before, he was always just... a dad. The reason he snapped is something Jason and I never had a clue about.

"Aria, babe," Jai put his hand on my knee, causing the bounce to stop. "Calm down, it's going to be okay. How long are you staying?"

I took a deep breath before looking at him. "Three days. And I need a tiny favor." I chuckled lightly, looking back at Luke and Milo. "Can you maybe baby sit Milo until I get back? Sara went to Paris with her boyfriend for their two year anniversary, so she's basically gone. He's very well trained and loves you guys.."

"Of course. I love dogs." Luke smiled, ruffling up my hair in the process.

--

Jai continuously pecked my lips with his, making me laugh. "Love, I have to go." I whined, pulling my head back as he leaned in for another.

"I'll miss you, plus, I never met your mum."

"I know, but you will soon. I'll see you." I brought my hands around the back of his neck, pulling him down to my level for a kiss. When we pulled away, he smiled sweetly, readjusting the hood on his head. "Bye, Jai."

After saying goodbye to my three boys, I was quickly seated in the plane. Luckily for me, I got a window seat and when I settled down, I got my ear buds out to play music before the plane departed and while everyone else was getting settled in.

Breathing smoothly, I closed my eyes as I felt the person sitting next to me settle into their own seat. When the plane departed, the person accidentally hit my knee, making me cringe since I have a very ticklish knee.

"Sorry about that." He sighed, chuckling.

"It's alright," I chuckled lightly. "Ticklish knee." When I opened my eyes to look at the man, I wished I hadn't. Let alone, broad this plane and booked this unlucky- ass flight.

"Holy fucking shit." I muttered under my breath, seeing him mirror the same face expression as I. 

*Zayn's POV*

Things feel so abnormal. I'm not even sure if its in a good way or a bad way.

Over the five months of not speaking to Aria, I realized something. And that something is how I felt after the whole disconnection. Do I love her still? I didn't feel like it did. But I still had that ache in my heart that wanted the affection. I don't think I wanted love from another person, but the affection of probably a friendship. However, I didn't want a friendship from just anyone.