rin okumura; unrequited

Okay... *hides in shame* IK THIS ISN'T A REQUEST BUT I LOVE THIS ONE I WROTE SO BE GRATEFUL! Okay, okay, but I've got happy news... MY BDAY IS IN 2 1/2 WEEKS YAYY! Okay, okay, anyway, on with the story. SORRY IT'S SHORT!!!

"Rin... you know you don't have to walk me back home everyday, right?"

"Psh! Of course I do! What if a demon found you?"

"You are a demon."

"Yeah, a good demon!" he tripped on a rock, a blush sprinkling onto his cheeks as he regained his footing.

"Whatever, Rin. I can take care of myself." the girl patted a large black case she was carrying with her. "I'd like to see a demon survive a shot from this..." Rin rolled his wide, iridescent, aqua orbs.

"Your specialty is long-range sniping, (Y/N), not close-range." said female snickered.

"That, my dear boy, is what these babies are for." (Y/N) smirked and yanked two intricately designed pistols from her belt, "they'd probably do more damage than that idiot katana of yours...maybe it'd be cooler if it was Saika."

"Where the hell did you get those?!"

"Your brother."

"That four-eyed, mole faced jerk! He gave you guns, but waited to give me my sword?!" He continued ranting about his "idiot little brother" for a good four minutes, consequentially causing the female next to him to giggle.

"The point, you silly demon, is that I can take care of myself. You don't have to waste time walking with me when you could be doing something more productive, like homework." Rin stopped his angry fuss and cast her a gentle smile.

"Well, you can't do anything to stop me!"

"What if I just sat here until you left?"

"I wouldn't." (Y/N) blushed at his dedication. No one had ever cared about her well-being this much before! "And I kinda... y'know... wanna get you to fall in love with me..." And at that statement, she flushed florid.

"You l-love me?"

"I wouldn't go that far, but I'd like to love you... that takes us hanging out more, and you liking me back thought." His deep blue orbs met (e/c) ones sheepishly while she gazed wide-eyed at him. Was he being serious?

"I get that you might not feel the dame because I'm a demon and all-" and before he could finish she leaned over and gave him a solid kiss on the mouth, pulling away before he could react.

"Ah. Looks like we've arrived. You'll walk with me tomorrow?" He nodded numbly, a small grin gracing his lips. "And if you didn't catch on, your feelings aren't unrequited." (a/n: rollll credits) But before she could walk into her home, he planted a chaste kiss on her cheek, waving lightly as she strolled in, stunned.

Omake:

On his way back to his apartment complex, he thought aloud,

"I'll have to ask Yukio what "unrequited" means..."

THE END