eren yeager; lullabies

hehe, so this is actually a birthday oneshot (who am I kidding, this is a drabble rip) for my faaaaaavorite person (besides dadzai) because it's her birthday tomorrow (i would've saved it, but I couldn't wait to show you hehe)

Happy Birthday, Victoria ^^

Like lullabies you are

Forever in my mind

- Yuna

He lay there with his teal eyes wide open, soaking in the vast, yet intricate landscape that the stars painted across an ink black canvas. The cold, misty air around him smelled of clear nights and the fresh dew that glistened on each individual blade of viridescent grass, but his optics were glued to the never-ending scope of the heavens above. Each scintillating burst of pallid light reflected in the mirrors that were his azure hues, and he wasn't sure if there were enough comets to keep up with the amount of times he had wished to see her glorious grin flashing over his glistening sclera. The mere thought of her rosy lips forming his name, and the effervescent sound that reminded him of the jingle of chimes echoing from her lungs was enough to make his throat tighten and jaw lock, but at the same time, lull him into a placid slumber. A deep sleep free of the terrors that polluted his world.

The knowledge that she was resting on a bed a lifetime away was enough to cast him into the furnace of searing lament for he longed to feel her smooth touch against his hand, fingers tangled up in his mess of dusty brown hair, her own fanning around them like a myriad of silken threads. A low sigh escaped his parted lips in a puff of cloudy condensation. If he continued to let thoughts like these sap into his mind, he'd never get any sleep. He had a job, and the sooner he followed through, the sooner he'd return to Trost, the lifetime that she resided in that felt so achingly far it made his heart jolt furiously in its unruly cage of bone.

Dark lashes splashed against his tan cheekbones, complementing his war beaten visage with a dash of chocolate innocence as he unclenched his fists and tried once again to relax his on edge muscles, freeing himself from the tumultuous land of his thoughts.