dazai osamu; soulmate

(a/n): hallo! I'm back with like the 4th update today, but that's the make up for the lack of updates you guys will be seeing in the next couple of months ^^; so enjoy this while it lasts

soulmate au where your soulmate's first words to you are tattooed on your wrist.

"Are you all right?" He held out a bandaged hand, but she flinched back, glaring viciously.

The string of words etched on her wrist burned, and she could hardly believe that this monstrous man was her soulmate . "Hmm? You don't need to be scared, we've annihilated the enemy, but I don't think that that's what's crossing your mind right now."

"You disgust me." There. She uttered it.

There was no masking the abrupt shock that crossed his features, but he rapidly covered it with a sly smirk, approaching her despite her obvious opposition.

"Oh? And is this how you treat all of your rescuers?" Her back was now pressed against the cold brick wall because of his decreasing distance from her.

"When they are criminal masterminds who stand back and allow their comrades to die, I do." The space between them was practically nonexistent, but her harsh expression never faltered; the same could be said about the executive's sneer. A dark chuckle left his curled lips.

"That sharp tongue of your could get you into a hefty amount of trouble if you're not careful..." A long finger extended to tip her chin up, engaging her in hostile eye contact. He smelt like stuffy cigarettes and gunpowder, a scent that would've been alluring and mysterious on anyone else, but as his hollow hues bore into hers, she wanted to vomit. Part of the reason for that was because the appeal was there. He was her perfect match, and she despised it.

"Fortunately for you, love, I'm in a good mood, so I won't take you in as a prisoner-" She interrupted him with a scoff.

"Please," she had no clue where this newfound bravery had emerged from, but she didn't hold it back. "You and I both know the real reason why." Suddenly, she grabbed his wrist, pulling his finger away from her goosebumps splattered chin, tapping the veins below his wrist. The plethora of armed mafioso behind him tensed. "Because right here on you right wrist lay the words "you disgust me", don't they?" She thrust his hand away like is was toxic. "You're a bad man, a man hated by righteousness, but you have a soft spot, and that's why you won't take me prisoner." Rattled with adrenaline, she shoved past him, grimacing at his resonating laugh echoing through the secluded alleyway, but before she could scurry away, he yanked her in by the wrist.

"You're simply adorable, the way you think you're intimidating," His lips brushed against her ear, and only she knew the chills that raced down her spine. "But you are clever, and you've caught my attention." Ripping away from her vice grip, she stumbled away, the reality of the situation dawning on her.

She had caught the attention of the Port Mafia's most dangerous executive.

Her soulmate was a powerful criminal.

And, for some reason, she figured she'd see him again very soon.