human!papyrus; school

Hello! It's been a while! I know this isn't a request (or an anime one shot, for that matter), but since school just started for me today, I felt the need to write to relieve my nerves lmao, so, if you haven't played this 300% dead game, then feel free to skip this and I'll come up with a request real soon.

Happy First Day of School for any of you who just started or are about to!

The door creaked open nearly silently as they pitter pattered into his room, admiring the skull and crossbones poster before approaching his race-car bed, feet light on the wood floors.

"Paps," They murmured with a voice softer than a lullaby, and he stirred lightly, his pallid locks tousled and mussed. "Wake up, please?" Rubbing his gold hues lazily, he complied.

"Human? But Undyne cancelled training! Have you come to shower me in kisses?" A chuckle escaped their rosy pink lips and they shook their head.

"I have school today. I was wondering... if the great Papyrus would escort me on my first day?" Gradually, as the minutes rolled by like waves, he grew more alert.

"Nyeh heh heh! My beloved datemate requires my valued protection?" Springing from cotton sheets like an over enthusiastic kangaroo, he towered over the girl, grinning and blushing in classic school-girl fashion.

"N-not necessarily protection, just your company, if you don't mind." He stripped his pajamas off instantly to reveal his infamous battle body beneath.

"Mind? Why, I'd never mind indulging you with the great Papyrus' company! Even my dating manual states very clearly that in order to maintain a romantic relationship, one must give their partner attention, and I intend on doing just that!" A solemn, melancholy smile painted their lips as they grasped for a response

"Thanks. I'm just a little nervous." Confidently, the boy rested his gloved hand on their shoulder, casting a sweet, reassuring smile their way.

"I believe in you. There's no need to be nervous." Butterflies flooded their stomach in waves, reminding them that warm, touching moments like those were the cherry on top of their supportive romance. They couldn't hold back an endearing blush at his candy coated words.

"Thank you, Paps."