explosion; bakugou katsuki

a/n: first and foremost... I love this boy so much I can't breathe. Secondly, this is shitty, but I'm angsty so y'all will havta survive. 

Thirdly... yes this is a vent XP

"Bakugou!" she cried, the explosion alerting her to the fiery male's presence. Her head whipped towards the hazy plumes of rancid, legs urging her across the cobbled road without her consent. A sour bubble of curdling bile bused itself by pushing from her stomach into her heart, manifesting in the form of unadulterated fear.

The monstrosity, a gaping, gargantuan, slimy creature flew through the streets at light speed, cackling as he dodged the explosive boy's attacks.

She should've run.

She knew that.

But as her pulse tapped a drumbeat in her ears, she couldn't leave him.

The searing heat felt like it was melting her face, her fingertips singed as steam boiled the skin of her palms. His name escaped her cracked lips in a cacophony of pain, but she pushed forward, boots smacking the bubbling cement to the raging hellfire that bled into his screams.

"Fucking die, you shitty fucking bastard!"

As the dust cleared, spokes of unruly gold flashed through her vision, his hues a passionate scarlet as they steamed with spite.

His first glided through the heat, a bomb tickling his fingertips as he growled, his composure tumultuous ash clouds, his quirk a thunderstorm.

"Bakugou! Behind you!" Reflexes quicker than a bolt of lightning, he deflected the bubbling tentacle with a boom, but the excrescence attention was drawn from defense to offense at the sight of her tangled head of hair, grinning maliciously as if he'd found a weakness.

As opposed to her incandescently strong boy with a firework of a personality, her defensive responses were lackluster, and the villain was upon her in a flash of light. The gunk of his body slithered into her orifices, pushing past her lips and invading her soul. An incessant ringing permeated her eardrums, building to a crescendo until she wanted nothing more than death. Hues foggy with a deadly vignette, she fell limp,, arm scraping against debris as she reached for a dusting of hope The pain was a pulsing ache that flooded her veins, and she would've given in if not for the innocuous, tender kiss of his calloused hand on her wrist breathing her back to life.

"Baku..." She croaked, but her voice was unrecognizable.

"Keep fighting you piece of shit!" She vaguely registered the desperation in his voice as she battled her own.

"It's okay, it's okay."

"Like hell it is! I'm not leaving you; stop fucking acting like you're going to die!" Growling menacingly, he fired at any excess fluids dripping from her pores. "Damnit [Name]! Move your ass!" The tragedy bubbling up his throat paused her, slowing the record of her moment.

What to do, what to do...

Oh.

Relaxing her body, she reached out to the moisture nestled in her skin, feeling it twist and turn like a tide rocking soothingly across a sandy shore. She was aware that this could kill her, but it was their only option.

Allowing her mind to fall into silence, she focused an impeccable amount of energy into her quirk, pushing as much moisture and fluid from her skin as she could muster, her body crying out in unimaginable agony.

She fell limp within seconds, a few "bang"s and a couple more "boom"s introducing the irritating TV static back to her eardrums. She flickered in and out of consciousness like a rowboat loosely rocking against an ocean current, desperately trying to maintain control as the lighthouse flickered over her.

But this time the lighthouse was Bakugou.

She wasn't exactly sure how much time had passed, but as much as she tried to keep her glittering orbs peeled open, the familiar, calloused, balmy touch against her face lulled her into the void.