masaomi kida; serious

Requested by: @cottoncandy10121

A/N: hi if you love me you'll write me a Mikaela Hyakuya x Reader one shot

The air was brisk and chill, and she felt it nipping across the pale envelope of her skin like pin-pricks, dainty and invigorating.

It billowed through her hair, whipping it around her as she stared at the back in front of her. A pale white sweatshirt adorned with a cute little yellow tied scarf was all that filled her vision, his tense shoulders and strong, lean arms pushed behind him protectively.

Her eyes were furrowed in confusion and concern until an amused laugh filled the silence.

"Izaya..." Her blonde lover growled, ringed fingers curling into fists, knuckles whitening even further. Peeking from in between his arms, she spied an expensive pea coat and mussed ebony hair, all tied together with piercing, prying crimson hues that dug into her soul and ripped out fear.

"Aw, Masaomi-kun, how I do miss the days when we were friends, you'd come and talk to me about anything and everything-"

"You don't have a right to talk. Leave."

She had never quite seen the flamboyant boy- she supposed he was a man now- before her so riled up, but from what she could perceive, he had good reason. Her hand moseyed up to his jacket, tugging on the manila sleeve and coaxing him back down to Earth.

"Kida." He seemed to recognize her tone of voice, and immediately turned away from his dangerous opponent, continuously shielding her face. His eyebrow, golden and fine, was scrunched in irritation like a slinky, but once his macchiato orbs clashed with crystalline blue, the tension melted from his face like chocolate.

"Come on, we're leaving now." She noted how he neglected to call her name.

"Oh? So soon?" She heard a snicker radiate from behind her. Kida thankfully didn't respond, but instead laced his fingers in between hers and warmly persuaded her to loll back out of the shadowed alleyway.

As soon as they pulled out of the alleyway, his warm eyes were darting around for any signs of danger.

It had been a week since this sudden change had happened within him, and she couldn't help but worry for him.

"Kida, what's wrong."

"What do you mean."

"You're acting a lot more serious than usual, I don't know."

His eyes searched hers aimlessly, hoping, yearning for answers before he exhaled, a small puff of winter air billowing from his lungs.

"I just... don't want you to get hurt." His eyebrows were furrowed, and his pain pained her. As nonchalantly as she could manage, she lifted her hands to smooth down his crinkled eyebrows, scrunching up her cheeks in an effort to bring forth his sunshine smile.

As she presumed, it worked like a charm, and his grin was quickly taking up half of his face, giggles sputtering from in between his teeth. She balanced on her tiptoes as he laughed, basking in his joy. His hands found her waist quickly after his recollection, and his face dipped down until it was level with his, chocolate eyes inviting and mischievous; she was willing to play along, and cast him her most charming of glances, peeking up through her lashes until his blush was hardly visible.

And when his lips were on hers, they brushed delicately against her cheekbones, entire body swaying with the movements of their bodies, hands trickling up to tinker with the ends of his golden tresses. Heart thumping erratically, banging like a gong within her chest, she let her lips part limply as his trailed to the corner of her mouth, dipping down to her jaw where he placed butterfly kisses, tracing back to the crook between her ear and face.

Her entire body was melting into magma, pouring into his arms and dissolving him with her.

When her nose fell into the juncture of his neck, he stopped his relentless affection, hugging her and simpering to himself pridefully at the effect he had on her.

Unfortunately, the playful atmosphere didn't last.

"Don't talk to that man, okay? And if you see him, leave as soon as possible and call me." She nodded tenderly, cheeks burning and conscious delirious as he swayed her in his arms, humming a clever tune in her ear.