Chapter 25

It’s back to Dauntless for Tobias and I. But not before we pay a special visit to Panem.

Katniss knocks on the door of Peeta’s house where, by the sounds of it, the others are staying. Magnus put a spell on them, so they shouldn’t remember we’ve even been gone. Even so, everyone’s a bit tense.

“Annie!” Katniss calls. “Can you come out here? There’s someone who wants to see you!”

I hear the bolt slide back on the door and Annie opens it. She looks beautiful in a blue floaty dress with a flower in her wavy hair.

“Hello!” she smiles. “Who’s my visitor?”

Peeta comes into view down the road followed by….

“F-F-Finnick?”  Annie stutters

Finnick breaks into a sprint, and when he reaches us he picks Annie up by the waist.

“Annie!” He cries, whirling her round, so that her light brown hair flies. Her green eyes sparkle as she laughs.

“Finnick,” she whispers “is it really you?”

“I should hope so!” He says and Annie starts to cry.

Finnick pulls her into him, resting her head on his shoulder. Annie’s shaking hands stroke Finnick’s golden hair. Just then, I hear a gurgle, a laugh. Jonah shakily toddles out and looks at Finnick with his big sea-green eyes.

“Wiv de angels.” He lisps

“Not anymore.” Annie says, picking up Jonah and placing him gently in Finnick’s arms.

“And who’s this beautiful boy?” Finnick asks, bouncing Jonah up and down.

“It’s Jonah. Your son.” Annie says, tearfully

Finnick’s own eyes fill with tears and Jonah’s tiny starfish hands clutch Finnick’s shirt.

“Daddy.” He gurgles and Finnick grins

“That’s right, Jonah. Daddy.”

“And what about us?” Katniss asks Peeta

“What?” He replies

“Our wedding! We were never married!” Katniss exclaims

“Third time’s the charm.” Peeta grins

“You can share the day with Magnus and Alec!” I laugh

“Do you know what? I think we’ll pass on that.” Katniss smiles.

So, back to Dauntless life. Maybe we’ll find out about Edith. Maybe the factions will be obliterated. Who knows? But what I do know is that I’ll never forget everyone I’ve met this past year. Not ever.

The end.