Chapter eight

This chapter is dedicated to irella_123 

I have decided to add this song above for the end of this chapter just like shrunalini has recommended.. Just play the song while reading this chapter..

Enjoy ^^

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I looked around but he was nowhere in sight. What the hell? Where the hell is he? Just then, I saw a small stool in front of the cash register.

"Hello, would you mind if I borrow this stool for a while?", I asked the woman sitting behind the cash register, kindly. The woman seems like in her mid fifties and had grey hair. She seems petite and she was dressed in a blue faded dress.

"Of course, dear", she answered and smiled warmly at me. She had a gravelly like voice. If I compare this woman with my grandma, then, this one is more nice. I chuckled at the thought of my grandma.

"Thank you", I replied and stood on the stool to look for Max. Where is h - wait is that Max? He was flirting with a salesgirl at around our age. That girl goes to St-Xavier high school too. She seems familiar. Who is she? But why is Max flirting with her?

And the girl was flirting back. She brought a hand up and laid it on Max's arm and moved closer. She wrapped her arms around Max's neck and leaned on him. She was practically plastered to Max's body. And the latter seems delighted to have her in his arms. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her even more closer.

My arms felt limply beside me. I felt something that I never felt before. I don't know what it was but it was boiling inside of me. It was like wave crashing around me. My chest grew tight, and felt so many mixed feelings. This hurts! I placed my hands over my chest trying to calm my raging heart.

What the hell? What is wrong with me? Was it jealousy? Am I jealous? It can't be. Next thing I know is that I am rushing towards them. I don't even know why. I grabbed Max's shoulder and turned him around, pushing the girl away from him.

Anger was coursing through my whole body. I was fuming. He glanced at the girl who managed to hold herself from falling down and then settled his eyes on me. Then, he did something that I never expected. He simply smirked at me. He fucking smirked at me. His oh so famous smirk! How I want to slap that smirk off his face? He kept flashing me his signature smirk.

I poked him in his chest and moved forward. He stepped back and I kept moving towards him.

"What. poke the. poke hell. poke are. poke you. poke doing?", I whispered angrily and poked him till he had his back pressed into the wall behind him.

"Woah! chill, woman!", he raised his hands in surrender and smirked again. I glared at him. What does he think of himself?

"What?", I said through gritted teeth. He shook his head from side to side with his eyes narrowed into slits observing me. I gulped. He leaned forward while staring into my eyes.

My heart was thudding so hard in my chest that I could even hear it. I have never felt this way before. That feeling! It was a mixture of all, nervousness, anxiety, happiness, uneasiness, anger. There was only an inch distance between our faces. Oh God! If I don't breathe right away, I might explode. Oh god! Help me!

Okay chill, Shelly, calm down!

"Looks like someone is jealous, huh?", he whispered in my ear. His lips lingering near my left ear. Goosebumps rose up on my skin. I could tell, I was blushing from the hotness fanning over my cheeks.

No wait, Shelly, compose yourself!

My eyes went wide with shock and anger. How dare he? I pushed him away and stepped two to three steps back. He winked at me while running his right hand through his hair. I scowled at him but he only smirked back at me.

I crossed my arms over my chest and straightened out my face.

"Me and jealous? In your dreams a**hole", I said slowly as if I'm talking to a five year old child. He raised his eyebrows at me.

"Come, let's go, you are wasting my precious time", I made a sound halfway between a snort and a chuckle.

He only snickered and followed me but not before giving that girl his phone number.

"Call me any time, I'm always free", I heard him telling her and hurrying in front of me. Oh now, you are more in a rush than me.

"And he says that it is a date. Date, my foot!", I muttered to myself but he heard it as he suddenly stopped and I crashed into his back. I stumbled but a pair of arms rounded around my waist to grab me. I huffed a sigh of relief.

"So, you do admit that it is a date?", he said but it sounded more like a question. With his arms wrapped around me, I couldn't think straight and it was getting quite hard to breathe. My legs weakened. If he wasn't holding me, I would have fallen by now.

I lifted my hands to push him away from me but he didn't move an inch. He grabbed my wrists with his other free hand and kept them on his chest. I could feel his heart beating. I gulped down and tried to calm my beating heart. 

"No, I don't", I deadpanned and tried to free myself. I felt a sense of déjà vu. This guy has a death grab.

"Yes, you just did", he said and locked eyes with me.

"No", I denied and pushed him harder.

"Yes, you do, baby girl", he said huskily and kissed me on the forehead. He released me and walked towards the books stalls.

I tried to calm my breathing and frowned at his retreating figure. 

What was that feeling? Am I falling for Max Jackson, the mysterious, bad boy and player of St-Xavier high-school? Is he that chivalrous that like the other girls at school, I'm falling prey to his enticing personality too?

If the answer here is yes then I'm gonna blame his bewitching ways. 

••••••••••••••

And for our little tradition, here's another question for you :-

Describe my book in three words or in one phrase. ( Don't be sarcastic )

And remember ; the one who comment his/her answer first, the next chapter will be dedicated to him/her...

See you..