Chapter thirty-nine

Hello guys...

Follow on Instagram : InfinitePeaceXx

Twitter : InfinitePeaceXx

This chapter is dedicated to annven222nightshadow as she was the first one who answered to the previous question on the previous chapter..

Happy reading ^^

••••••••••

"What do you mean?", I cried out in disbelief and got up shakily. My life is in danger. My life is in danger but why?

"Shelly, listen to me -", Max grabbed my left arm and shook it slightly. I looked up to find him staring at me worriedly.

"B- But why me? W- why me, Max?", I asked him pleadingly.

"Shelly", Alex said slowly and I glanced at him.

"They've been trying to get Max into their gang and Max has been refusing them but now, I- I think t- they are trying to harm you so as to make Max accept their pledge. They.... ", he trailed off and looked at Max sadly.

"What do you mean? Why would they harm me to get to Max?", I asked him confusingly.

"They think that you're my girlfriend.", Max said through gritted teeth and ran his right hand through his hair in frustration.

If I was not stunned to death already, this definitely felt like a freaking bomb was dropped on me. 

"Which is not true.", Alex added slowly after sometime and extended his hands towards me.

"Come here", he caught my hands into his and pulled me in his arms. I held on to him and closed my eyes to calm my racing heart  but I just couldn't. There was so much questions zeroing around in my stupid head that I can't even think straight.

"Why me?", I muttered quietly into Alex's chest and then looked up at him. He pulled away but held my arms at the side. He shook his head from side to side and then looked down, loosening his hold on my arms and then slowly, he withdrew back. That was enough to make me feel like I had no hope. Nothing! Am I really in danger? Will I just die like that? Just because some delusional assholes speculated that I'm Max's girlfriend? Just because I was seen kissing him at the mall? I could have been just another one of Max's one night stands, right? How can they just assume that I'm his girlfriend? One thing I think almost everyone knows about Max is that he doesn't do relationships, they why? Why me?

"Shelly, I think we should always stick together wherever we go... At least, till I find some solutions to all these problems. You, me, Alex and Connor would be together at school but I will be the one picking you up for school in the mornings and dropping you back at home and then we will have to figure something out.", Max said slowly, really calmly.

How can he be so calm about this?!

"How can you be so calm about this?", I exclaimed out loud, voicing out my thoughts.

"Alex", Max whined.

"Let's just go. This girl is driving me crazy.", Max shook his head annoyingly and pulled me toward the door.

"Hey!", I cried and pulled away from Max but he wrapped his right arm around my waist from behind and pushed me outside.

I groaned out loud and thrashed around to pull Alex from behind but the latter retreated a few steps back and kept his distance from us. I glared at him.