Chapter seventy-two

The longest chapter I've written!

Dedicated to pandaB0B

•••••••

I slowly opened my eyes and found myself lying on the floor. My head somehow aches. I was just about to get up but I couldn't. It was then that I realized that my hands and feet were tied up with ropes. I pushed myself up and leaned my back against the cold wall. I looked around but could barely see anything. It was dark and only the beam of the moon penetrating through the window served as my light from where I was.

I coughed and winced slightly at my dried throat. I need water. I gulped slowly but in vain. All of a sudden, I heard a door opening and closing after a while. I froze, trying to hear every single slight sound echoing around the square and then, it happened, footsteps.

Tap, tap, tap, tap

A figure was soon standing in front of me. Just two more steps and he'll reveal his face. I took a long deep breath and leaned back, burrowing my back in the wall, trying to get away but well, I couldn't.

A man, in his late forties came into view and smiled. Those smiles that you would always see in a horror movie? Well, that's the one which was being thrown my way right now. I couldn't help but feel disoriented. I wanted to get away, please. Just get me the hell away from here. Anyone?

He bent down slowly so that his face was leveled with mine. I shrunk back in fright. His breath was fanning my face, almost making my stomach churned at the smell. Ew! I could feel the lunch that I had at school almost reaching my throat but I swallowed my saliva to stop myself from vomiting everything out in front of him. He smelled deeply like cigarettes and something else. Something I couldn't pinpoint in my mind at the moment.

"Let us say that you are the ultimate key in getting what I want." he slowly rasped out, his voice sending a shiver go down my backbone spine and then, something flicked across my face and I fell sideways, moaning in pain. It hurts like hell, tears overflowed the brims of my eyes almost immediately.

That was a punch. I thought before blacking out once again.

Max's point of view;

"So, what's the plan?" Jason, the police officer questioned Blake while fixing his pistols in his jeans and shoes, carefully hiding them away.

"Have you called the other forces already?" Blake asked him without giving him an answer to his question.

"I've already told you that I don't like it when someone gives me another f-f question as a response -

"And I've told you since the beginning that I don't want you questioning me like that, I'm not your underline and I'm not your fucking slave, so save your bloody questions for yourself, you get that?" Blake yelled out in frustration after punching the table angrily.

"Do you get that or -

"I g-get it..." I could tell that Jason was getting angry but was clearly too afraid to stand up against Blake. Even if Jason was a police officer, he does not stand a chance in front of Blake, well, quite a lot of officers fear him. And after that beating he received the other day, I can tell how much it has affected him. 

Blake smirked at him and flicked his right hand up in the air, dismissing him, the latter bowed down, as a sign of apology and scrambled outside, closing the door behind him.

I did not utter any words, since I've stepped inside, I haven't said something and Blake couldn't bare that. I just felt very uneasy at the moment. Poor officer! Blake thrust all the fury on him for nothing.