19

It was the same. Everything. The place, the surroundings, the same gentle but eerie wind.

This time, her father wasn't there. She took a shaky step forward, afraid another hand was going to pull her down. But there was none. She was able to walk freely.

Lia ran. The place was somewhere unknown, overgrown grass and thick trees, it was a maze. Lia knew wherever she ran, there was no end to it.

It wasn't reality.

Way out or not, she still ran. What if there was something that could lead her to the truth. There was something missing. A puzzle piece. That piece was all she needed to understand. She had to find it to uncover the mystery that's been haunting her, the clues she's collected.

She stops when something descends from above, a black feather. A familiar face appeared in her mind, and she takes a closer look at the feather.

Slowly, the feather changes into a white colour, the tip of it slowly turning into snow white. 

It was like a symbol ; a sign about something that she wasn't so sure what it was, but it took her long enough to think. The feather got blown away by a sudden gust of strong wind, the light object slipping away from her fingers and away into the sky.

She turned around to walk back when dark clouds started to taint the sky, and she could feel something was wrong when-

+++

She was on the floor. If her body parts could talk, her elbow was screaming in pain and her back was yelling for her to get off the damn floor, Lia quickly reacting to it (even though there was no voice, of course).

Lia found herself sitting down on the sofa, pillows and blankets surrounding her. As confused as she was, she was even more confused when she couldn't find her father's journal Jeonghan handed her earlier anywhere. Was that all a dream?

'Can't be,' Lia mumbles under her breath, frantically looking for it under the bunch of pillows, blankets, the coffee table, under the sofa, when her head actually bumps into something ; or someone, to be specific.

"Rise and shine!" Jisoo greets her, and Lia jumps in surprise, even though it was nothing but a greeting.

"You sure damn scared me," Lia laughs it off, "it's 2 in the morning, waaaay too early to do something like rise and shine."

"Well you woke up so," Jisoo left his sentence hanging and plopped himself onto the warm sofa. Lia sits down next to him, pulling a blanket for the both of them to share.

"Why are you still awake?" Lia asks him. This definitely wasn't an hour where Jisoo would be awake. Usually she'd find him snoring at this hour, unless if they had some last minute homework to do together.

Jisoo shrugged, "No reason, really. Something was just bothering me and I can't sleep." Lia nods, inching closer to the boy.

"What were you doing the whole day?" She asks him.

"Sleep?"

"Really?"

"Really."

Lia shrugs. He couldn't be doing that all day. Well, there was nothing much Jisoo could do without Lia around anyway. He doesn't know anything about the streets or the shops, so he pretty much couldn't take a stroll by himself.