27

Lia had cut her hair into a short bob, one that bounced as she walked past people, one that would cover the expression on her face, one that concealed the smile on her lips or the frown she wore.

Back then, or even now, people claimed that haircuts were a statement. At times it could mean that one was moving on from their old lover. Other times, it could also mean changing for the better.

To Lia, it means to be reborn.

It had been exactly a month since his passing, yet so many things have changed. Seungcheol had went overseas to expand his business, after a long talk with them. Hansol went back to the States for college. Lia shared an apartment with Jihoon (which was basically, his studio), but the whole placed had been given to her when Jihoon got recruited by a company, and that made him move to an area that was located nearer to the place he worked for. Now Lia was living alone, better than ever, thriving, smiling, enjoying the peaceful and serene life as it is.

Perhaps if people knew about his passing, it would be hard for them to believe that Lia was in the peak of her best state right now. Lia thought that if God took Jisoo away, then it was probably for a good reason. It taught her many things in life already, which made her feel more collected than ever before. Had Jisoo not left her, he would be so proud of her right now.

"Oh, but I know you are proud." Lia mumbles to herself as she arranges the dishes she had just washed. "I know that you are pleased to know I'm doing well here, just like how you wished for me to be."

A changed woman, was what she was. Lia did not cry for long; it only took her about a day to look as if nothing had happened at all, and she was able to smile even brighter than before. Her friends came by to check on her often, but they lessened after seeing Lia's truthfulness and transparency, like she really had not cried all night, and she didn't do that after all.

"The most beautiful people get taken away so early by God, because he loves them so much." Lia mumbles to herself again, looking at the figure of Jisoo on one of the frames on the wall. Tall and slender he was, yet warm and comforting was his embrace. Mischievous at times and funny with words, but could say vows of love that could lull you to sleep. Lia truly missed that. She presses the ring on her pinky, hard.

However, there was something that she could not erase from the back of her mind. Her father's journals, the content that he had written. They were the answers to their death, and Jeonghan's misdoings.

By night, she was writing forums, interviewing people, receiving emails from all over the world who claim to be experts in this field.

It was too late to say that the paranormal world does not exist. Feathers appear when angels are near. A devil's cry may destroy one's life. Slowly but surely, she would come to believe them. Of course she would. Especially after that happened.

Other days, she had thought of Jeonghan. Anger fumed inside of her, blood boiling and the back of her head started to pound, but all was easily relieved with a long, long breath. Lia understood the truth, she understood it well. That there was no use in lashing out on him. Nothing would be settled with harsh words and piercing voices, what more a stormy heart.

If Jeonghan had appeared right then, Lia would not hesitate to call out to him and say, "Hey, I'd like to talk with you for a bit." What would happen then? Would he scowl in disgust and storm away, or would he offer a gaze of understanding and proceed to sit down with her somewhere that was quiet?

The truth was, her mind was occupied by the whereabouts of the wronged fallen angel, even more than the man she loved.

+++