28

The interview will begin any minute.

Lia straightened the fabric of her pleated skirt as a final touch before this was broadcasted on television, because the news she was about to announce was the biggest deal of perhaps, the century. Now with the government involved, Lia had expected it to become a big issue with various different responses. It was news that humankind was least likely to expect, yet it has finally occurred; breaking our beliefs that fairytales were just merely fairytales and nothing more.

The moment Lia stepped foot onto the platform, cameras started flashing like crazy as if she were some sort of rising celebrity. The reporters were busy fighting over who’s question would be answered first, and the situation overall was too hectic for Lia to handle on a daily basis, but she knew she had to do it.

“Hello. My name is Choi Amelia.” Her voice was heard from every speaker of the room, loud and clear. The reporters finally seemed to quiet down a little bit, understanding that their question for now was not the priority.

Lia looks intently at the crowd. Never would she have thought that she would stand in front of so many people representing the biggest news mankind would ever receive.

“The reason behind my presence today is to verify what our government has announced, and to release a final confirmation to it.” She says, recognizing every single gaze that pierced through her. The cameras continued to flash, the sound of their fingers tapping away, but she did not waver. Lia cleared her throat for the last time.

“The government, after investing so much time and money in research along with selected individuals from other countries, has now agreed to officially verify one of the few organizations said to support the new creatures we have discovered today, which we call The Fallen.”

Lia feels her hand trembling when she reaches for the microphone to bring it closer to her.

“As the representative of the main body of said organization named Eden, I'd like to ask for the public to accept The Fallen into society to ensure a better transition for them into this world.”

“With this verification, this means that the government has officially recognized The Fallen not only as citizens of the country, but also beings living here on earth just like any other of us. That is all. Thank you, and have a good night.”

As the crowd of reporters seem to lose their composure even more than before, Lia ignores the many questions they threw towards her and calmly stepped down from the platform.

After six years—six exhausting years—Lia’s heart had never felt lighter than before.

___________________________________

Has it been six years? Because it definitely feels like it's been six years for both you and me I guess.

Finally having a completed draft over the ending, I'm just happy to announce that we'll be done with a few more chapters :)

Thank you all for sticking around. ♡

- Cee