Chapter 4 - No Friends...

Katie's P.O.V

I sat on the kitchen counter, listening to dad and Brenna 'argue' over whether the toast was burnt or not. It was 10:20 am. Too early for anything... Accept music. It's never too late or early for that. Dad proved that last night, by staying up late with me, listening to Metallica.

"It's black! How isn't it burnt!?" Brenna asked.
"It's brown... The way it should be!" Dad pointed at the toast. It was just toast. Not burnt, not under done. Just toast.
"Just bin it!" Brenna ended.

Dad sighed and looked at me with that face that just said 'Help-me'. I laughed a little and shook my head, no. He glared, jokingly, and made coffee for himself, binning the toast. I checked my phone for the 7th time and sighed. No messages, calls, voicemails, emails... nothing. I hadn't spoken to my friends in 3 days.

"What's wrong, Katie?" Brenna asked.
"No friends..." I simply said.
"It's a school day. Maybe they're just busy with a test or something." Brenna suggested, sitting at the kitchen table, as dad leaned against the counter.
I shrugged and slid my phone in my pocket.

Last night dad convinced me to say at the least 5 words every day. I just agreed, cause I knew it'd help him a lot! I'm 15 years old. I'm a teenager. You know what I mean...
My phone dinged, making me quickly fish it out my pocket. Please, please... Stacy. Ah well...

She sent me a pic of her TV screen. She was watching Sweeny Todd. My favourite movie. It was the Tim Burton film. She also sent the message.
"I can't watch this without you in mind. Love you, sweetie!"
I smiled and told her I loved her back. Mick and Stacy were second parents to me.

I slid my phone back in my pocket.
"What did you agree to do for the guys?" Brenna asked my dad.
"I agreed to take Katie to go see her Gran. It's been a while and I owe it to both, you and Cortney." Dad looked at me, by the end.
I smiled. I missed my Gran!

"It'll be next year though, with touring, but Helen should really hear you talking." Dad smirked.
I nodded and smiled, brightly.
"Yay!" Brenna smiled, her pinkish hair falling in he face slightly. She died it back to pink 3 months back. I loved it, but my hair was just getting more and more red in it. Red was my favourite colour. What could I say?

Anyway, Brenna came over this morning, with a photo. She framed it and gave it to me. It was a photo of her and Paul. I'd say they were about 17? She said my mom took the picture and framed it for them, but Brenna wanted me to have it. It was sweet. They were just stood in front of a café. Paul had his chin resting on Brenna's shoulder, with his arms hugging her waist. They were so happy. I'm sad he's gone. He wanted to see me again, just like everyone else did, when mom left.

Also you may be wondering... Dad does see his other kids and they're all happy. I've never met them and I don't know if I will, but we know about each other. Dad and Stephanie got divorced, but are both good. I met her once, but I didn't say anything. I just smiled, as she talked to dad. She's nice though!

Dad once caused a panic a while back. He accidentally referred to my mom as his wife. He was still emotional about it all, but it was all cleared up. Thank God!

I shook my head, clearing my thoughts. I smiled, a little, and got up, walking up to my room.
I text Johnny 2 days ago. I got no reply.
Liam, Stich and Lucas were M.I.A.
Shiloh, I hadn't spoken to for a week now.
Scotty may of got a new phone, cause he said his old one was playing up, but he would of got my number from someone, so I don't know...
And finally, Chase... Where was he?

I lay on my bed and looked at my Slipknot poster. In a way me and my friends were all like Slipknot. Johnny had the long ginger hair - Clown. I'm Corey Taylor's daughter. Chase played drums - Joey. Shiloh was tall and fearless - Mick. Scotty and Sid - Both DJ's and had once broken bones. Stitch, Lucas and Liam were Paul, Craig and Jim - For their own reasons.
I laughed at that thought and decided to play video games. Today was gonna be a slow day, I could just feel it, so I was gonna make the most of it.