Chapter 20 - Shiloh Devyn Parker

Katie's P.O.V

I was sat on the drive, of gran's house, waiting. It was 02:19 pm. I wasn't bored, but I had nothing to do. I had my headphones on and two cans of Pepsi, next to me. I tapped my foot to 'Wait and Bleed'. I loved that song, but it wasn't my favourite, by Slipknot. My favourite is 'Before I Forget'. It's catchy.

I soon saw Shiloh, making his way over, on his skateboard. I took off my headphones and saw someone else with him, making me jump up and run over.
"Slipknot!" I smiled, as his dog ran up to me.
Shiloh laughed and watched me reunite with his dog. "He missed you. He actually realised you were gone."
"Can dogs do that?" I looked at Shiloh.
"This one can." Shiloh shrugged.
I shrugged back and hugged Shiloh. He was looking good. We had so much to talk about.

We walked onto gran's drive and sat next to each other, with our backs against the garage. I gave Shiloh the second can of Pepsi and we both let out a sigh.
"So... Katie Louise Sixx-Taylor. I'm so fucking glad to see you again." Shiloh smiled.
I smiled, looking at Shiloh. "You too. Used to me talking, yet?" I asked, petting Slipknot's head, as he was sniffing my shoes.
"I'm still getting there, but my folks don't believe it. You'll have to come round and start yapping, with us." Shiloh smiled, after taking a sip of his Pepsi.
"We can do that. I'm here for 3 weeks." I smiled. "You still going out with thingy-ma-giggy?"
Shiloh started laughing. I don't remember her name. She didn't know or like me!

"Nah. We over. I'm seeing this girl, called Lola. She's epic. I guess a cross of Jade and Louise, Chase's girlfriend. You'll meet her soon enough. I tend to just take it all as it comes, these days... I don't want you to think differently of me, but there's something I need to confess. Just know, with no offence, I'm over it now, and only see you as a friend." Shiloh looked at me.
I nodded for him to go on, even though, by him saying that, you could easily guess what it was.
"I had a crush on you, for a couple of years, back in school. You were just so mysterious, but sweet. Don't get me wrong, you still are, but back then, it was all 'Will you say anything?', 'How am I to know how you feel?', y'know?" Shiloh smiled.
"It's OK, Shiloh. We're friends. I never saw you as more then a friend, but as someone who's never gone out with someone before, you being my first would of left no regrets, just thank you, for telling." I smiled, honestly.
"Yeah. We all good?" Shiloh asked me, cautiously.
"Yeah. We're good. Hey, tell me about your tattoo." I smiled, pointing and the gun on his arm, firing out that flag that just says 'Bang!'.

"Well... When you left, we all kinda just stopped and realised 'You only get one shot a life. It flies by, like a bullet, so we'd better make it count.' When you left, we lost a lot of people, your grandpa, Cortney, you, then Jade... It was a scary moment and I've always wanted a tattoo, so I got the gun." Shiloh smiled, rolling his sleeve up, some more, to show me.
Shiloh was wearing a black, 3/4 length sleeve Ratt shirt, with baggy black jeans and converse. His hair was the same length, cut off at his shoulders, and still dyed black. Still mistaken for a Goth, if I'm right.

"It's awesome. I want a tattoo, but knowing me it'll be a pumpkin. Not much meaning, but Halloween is my favourite day of the year." I smiled, looking at my ink-less arms.
"You should get it done. I know Scotty has an appointment, on Friday, go with him. They might have room to fit you in." Shiloh suggested, turning his Pepsi can in his hand.
"I don't know, but I'll walk down with Scotty. I haven't spoken to him, yet." And I'm really nervous to.
"Sweet. Scotty has changed a lot! Like seriously. He took Sid Wilson's advice and started spinning, yeah he's always late for practice, but it's normal. I'd be scared if he showed up on time, just once." Shiloh smiled. "He's proper Scottish! His accent is the best. We all love him. He hangs out with Chase, more then anyone else, but everyone's all good."
"Does he have a girlfriend or boyfriend?" I asked. Normal question. Scotty wasn't bi, or gay, but I've been away. Who knows?
"No. He's single, but I think someone's caught his eye. I can't say who, as I'm not sure myself." Shiloh smiled, finishing his can.

I realised I stopped drinking, as we were talking, so I downed my Pepsi, making Shiloh laugh. We decided to get up and go inside, leaving the door open for Slipknot.
Brenna was in the kitchen, dancing to the radio, making some tea, Stacy was M.I.A, with Mick, most likely, walking around the area, or whatever they do... I don't know. Dad had just walked downstairs and I just saw gran pass Brenna another mug.

"Hey. You're... Shiloh or August?" Dad asked, smiling at us. Couldn't blame him for forgetting. He only met them once.
"I'm Shiloh. August is the clingy one." Shiloh joked.
I laughed and lightly punched his arm, earning a punch back.
"I'll remember you said that!" Dad laughed.
"I would say 'That's on you', but now the only witness-" Shiloh looked at me. "Has a voice."
"I am gonna shut up from time to time. Just cause I have a voice, doesn't mean I like it." I smirked.
"What have I done to you?" Dad chuckled, walking into the kitchen.
"The right thing!" Shiloh laughed.

Me and Shiloh walked upstairs and into my room. We sat on the futon and Shiloh grabbed the Xbox controller.
"You want in?" Shiloh smirked.
"Sure. What game?" I asked.
"The hardest game I know. Involves a lot of moving and watching your back. Also, the fight to survive. It's so difficult, but I think we can do it." Shiloh smiled.
"OK... I'm interested." I smiled.
Slipknot walked into my room and jumped up on the bed. He was very obedient now, unlike before. Slipknot just followed Shiloh.

~

"Fuck you, Creeper!" I yelled, as a creeper exploded and killed me.
"I'll get your stuff!" Shiloh smiled. "NO, Shit! Endermen!"
I sighed and re-spawned in Minecraft. I ran back out to Shiloh, but instantly regretted it, as a skeleton killed me.
"For fucks sake!" I laughed.
Me and Shiloh spawned in our house and we both sighed.
"You're right... This game is hard."