Chapter 11 - I Am The Fire

Katie's P.O.V - 2 Days Until Tour

I woke up in my bed and smiled. I looked at my arm and smiled brighter. It was over with now. The cast was gone. It was sat on my shelf with bracelets around it. I smiled and got up.
After I changed, I walked downstairs. Dad was in the living room on the phone. I got some cereal and sat in the living room eating it. I smiled at dad, as he was pulling faces at me.
I think he was talking to their tour manager, but I don't know. He was talking about tour.
I was really exited for tour, but over the moon I had my arm back! I turned the TV on, on a low volume, and watched Kerrang!TV. I ate my cereal and someone knocked on the door. Dad motioned for me to go answer. I gave him my 'Whhyyy?' face, earning the middle finger back.

I laughed out loud and got up. Me and dad would always give the middle finger to each other. I placed my bowl by the sink and ran to the door. I opened it and smiled.
Stephanie waved a little, holding 3 coffees. I let her in and she gave me a coffee.
"Dad's on phone." I smiled, walking into the kitchen.
"Alright, well you exited for tour? Brenna said you were going out." Stephanie asked, setting hers and dad's coffees on the table.
"I'm exited. Only seen them live once and that was when I had friends." I frowned slightly, but smiled.

I put my bowl in the dishwasher and sat at the table with Stephanie. She seemed surprised I was talking, but went with it. "When you had friends?" She asked.
"We don't talk anymore. There's no more excuses..." I frowned.
"Hey, I'm sure it's nothing personal." Stephanie tried to cheer me up.
I shrugged and dad walked in. "Hey, sorry! Some dates got switched on the tour." He smiled.
"It's fine. I got coffee and has Katie ever been to visit her friends?" Stephanie asked.
"No, why? We've been too busy, but she was fine, until they stopped talking to her." Dad replied, taking his coffee.
"Alright... She could just do with company of her own age." Stephanie shrugged.
"We got Sid." I laughed.
Dad and Stephanie laughed with me.

~

With it only being 2 days until tour, I decided to pack a bag. Just clothes and whatever I won't be using in the next couple of days. I was up in my room right now. Dad went out and I was home alone. I hadn't been home alone in a while...
I zipped up my bag and placed it by my closet. I walked downstairs and switched on the stereo. I, then, jumped on to the sofa. Master Of Puppets, by Metallica started blasting out, putting a smile on my face.

I nodded my head and tapped my foot, as my feet rested on the armrest, of the sofa. I closed my eyes, just relaxing, but then got an idea. I got up and grabbed some energy drinks. I had about 20 cans on the coffee table and I opened one for myself.
I'm gonna get hyper.

~

"IN THE JUNGLE! WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!" I sung out loud. I was on my 5th can, dancing/jumping around the living room, having the time of my life. Being hyper was fun.
I had no one to get hyper with, but I didn't mind. My mind was lost to the words of the song.
Usually I'd be like this, when it was me and Chase. We'd be home alone at his, have music on and do crazy shit. Sometimes I'd put on a song that Chase hadn't heard yet, or didn't know the words to, completely, so he'd make up lyrics and try his best to make it work. It was hilarious!

"What the fuck is this?!" I heard my dad laugh.
I stopped jumping and turned the door of the living room. Dad was stood in the door way, with a confused, but happy smile on his face. I had my Spotify playlist on shuffle. 'Welcome To The Jungle' had just ended and now 'I Am The Fire' by Halestorm was on.
I shrugged at my dad, walked up to the coffee table, grabbed a can and offered it to him.
He laughed, taking the can. "You're gonna start a fucking fire at the speed you're going at." He said, opening his can, watching me jump around.
"I AM THE FIRE!" I sung along, also replying to my dad.
"I am burning brighter!" Dad sung along.
I laughed, jumping around, as dad starting singing along. We danced around for... God knows how long, but we had fun.

I, finally, went to bed at, around, half 1... I was gonna be so tired, but I had, around, 12 energy drinks, so it wouldn't be surprising. I still had some energy to kill, but I could easily sleep it off.
I climbed in bed, ready to go to sleep, when my phone lit up. I looked at it. I just put it on charge. It couldn't be 100% already. I hit my light onto the dimmest setting, as it was a touch lamp, and grabbed my phone.

Stitches: I miss you, Katie...

I sat up, as soon as I saw Stitch's name. They remember me! At least Stitch does. He misses me!
"I'm here, Stitch! I'm here!" I gushed.
I, quickly, replied to Stitch.

Me: STITCH! I'M SO HAPPY YOU MESSAGED ME! I miss you so much as well! How are you? Are you with the guys? Are you all still friends? How is everyone? Your parents? They good? How are you, dude?!?!

I hit send, but the message wouldn't send. No signal.
"No... No, this can't happen. PLEASE!" I shouted.
I hit send, again. And again. And again. And again. It wouldn't send. I got up and stood at my window. It wouldn't send.
"PLEASE!" I started to cry. I grabbed my jacket and, quickly, shoved it on. I ran downstairs, where my dad, just walked to the bottom of them.
"You shouting?" Dad asked, concerned.
I didn't reply, just opened the door and walked outside. I stood at the doorstep, hitting send, again and again.

Dad took my phone and read the message. He frowned, understanding what was wrong.
"I can't send it..." I cried.
Dad hugged me and held me for a while. He took me inside and closed the front door. We sat on the sofa, just hugging. Dad held my phone, hitting send, every so often. The message wouldn't send. I cried myself to sleep that night. Stitch's gonna think I hate him...