Chapter 21 - Lucas Andy Johnson

Little-Star21

Thanks for giving Lucas a name. I hope you enjoy this chapter and the rest to come. Just enjoy the story! Why not? Heheh. Thanks for your time and comment. Please, do enjoy...

Katie's P.O.V

06:34 PM
Lucas: Hey, so me and the fam are getting Chinese food, for dinner. Wanna join us?

06:35 PM
Katie: Sure, let me ask my dad first, though.

06:38 PM
Katie: Dad's good with it. Where we meeting?

06:38 PM
Lucas: We'll come for you.

06:38 PM
Katie: OK. At gran's place.

06:39 PM
Lucas: Heading your way!

I sat in Grandpa's chair, waiting for Lucas to show up. It was nice he invited me out for dinner. I've been here 1 day and already seen 3/8 of my friends. Not including Phil!
I'm just so happy, I've had the chance to see them again. They're ... I don't know! The same, but different. I know I'm repeating myself, but they're my best and only friends. We've always been there for each other.

Like when Lucas's parents were divorcing. He stayed over at mine, with Stitch, so he could focus on school work and just leave his parents to it. He was heartbroken, when the divorce was final, but he still see's both his parents. I know he lives with his dad and step mom, but he's happy!

The doorbell rang, so I got up to answer. Gran was making dinner for her, dad, Brenna, Stacy and Mick.
I smiled, seeing Lucas on the front step, with his dad and Ellen in the car, in front of the house.
"Ready to go?" He asked.
I grabbed my jacket and put my shoes on, nodding at him. "Lucas's is here. I'll be home later!" I called into the kitchen.
"See you soon, Hun!" Brenna called.
"Have fun!" Dad replied.

I grabbed my phone, off the coffee table, and followed Lucas down to the car, closing the front door behind me.
We climbed in and buckled up, before Lucas started smirking at me.
"Hey-a, Katie." Ellen smiled, as I buckled in.
"Good to see you again, Katie. You two ready?" Aron asked, pulling onto the street.
I looked at Lucas and he nodded for me to go on.
"We're ready." I smiled.

Aron hit the brakes and looked back at me. Me and Lucas started laughing, uncontrollable. Now THAT was the best reaction to this!
Aron and Ellen looked at each other and slowly turned back around.
"OK... She can talk..." Aron whispered, driving on.
Me and Lucas high-5ed. Watching his folks freak out a little.

~

We sat in the back of the restaurant. The tables were all circular, so I was between Lucas and Ellen. Ellen was a waitress at another restaurant, so whenever they ate out, she always felt she was betraying her restaurant. It was funny.
We got through the questions about me, the talking, the Slipknot tour, and my dad, so now I wanted to talk to Lucas. So, without further ado... Let's meet Lucas Andy Johnson.

"So, how's life for you, Lucas?" I smiled, before taking a sip of my cola.
"It's good. Not much, really, going on. We started a band, I'm playing the rhythm guitar. My uncle Danny taught me. He's good, by the way, but since you left 3 fish died, but he did get a new guy, so he's..." Lucas counted with his fingers. "Got 7 fish now... I believe." He shrugged, snickering at himself. "I got myself a girlfriend, who you can meet at some point. Georgia." Lucas blushed a little.
"Nice. Is that Georgia Howards, from your RE class?" I asked, remembering a Georgia from school.
"You know Georgia Howards?" Lucas asked, shocked, taking his jean jacket off, hanging it on the back of his chair.
"Kinda... We didn't really know each other, but I'd seen her around... And I think I saw her mom at one of my dads concerts..." I joked. I saw a woman who looked like her mom.

Lucas laughed and our food was delivered to us.
"Are you and Stitch still brothers?" I asked.
"You're kidding, right?! Do you really need to ask that question?" Aron laughed.
"Dad!" Lucas laughed.
"No, no. Let's get this straight..." Aron held a hand up, smiling at us. "You never used to speak. Fair enough. You're a close friend of the family, we trust you not to do anything stupid. You come back here, your homeland."
"Homeland?!" Lucas laughed.
Aron placed a hand over his mouth. "Yes, homeland. You come back here and you have a voice. You can swear, shout, sing, argue, make a point. You can ask the questions, you couldn't ask before... You have been best friends with Lucas, for I don't know how long. You have so much to catch up on, but the question you want to ask him, right now-" Lucas licked his hand off him. "Is-" Aron wiped his hand on his shirt. "-Are you still brothers with Stitch?..." We all laughed. "You damn well know the answer to that, Miss Sixx-Taylor." Aron smiled. "You know too well nothing, and I mean nothing!, gets in between these two!" Aron pointed at Lucas.
We all laughed again.
"So, I take it you two are still friends?" I asked, calming down.
"Nope. We killed him." Aron looked at me, making me and Lucas cry laughing. He said it so seriously, with no hint of a smile of his face. Aron is one hell of a guy.

Aron proposed to Lucas's mom by standing on a wall. It was a barbeque and all their friends and families were there. Aron was making a toast and asked his brother, Danny, to 'pass him the box'. Danny threw it and Aron 'Missed', making him fall off the wall. Oh! I should of said they were on the roof of a bungalow, and the small wall was all that was there to prevent you from falling. Anyway. Aron fell off the wall and Lucas's mom screamed, rushing over to see if he was OK. Aron landed on an air bed, with a sign, lying on the ground, reading 'Will you marry me?'. Of course Lucas's mom said yes and you can probably guess the rest.

After dinner and a lot of talking... it was time for home.
"It's strange hearing a voice from you." Lucas smiled, as we got up from the table to leave. "I'm really glad to hear you. I'm happy you came back and I got to see you. I'm..." Lucas chuckled a little. "I'm happy that you and I are friends. I'm sorry I stopped talking to you, but you can understand things... right?" He cringed.
"I get it. It was a lot for me too." I smiled, following him out the restaurant.
"Goodie... Look, Katie, I know I've changed and you sure as hell have." Lucas smiled, as we followed his dad and step-mom to the car, a few paces behind them, so we could talk. "but our friendship means so much to me. I don't want to lose you again, so I'm making you a promise. Here and now. I swear to you, I vow to you, I promise you, I will never lose contact with you again. We'll call, text, email, Skype, even play on the Xbox. I don't want to lose you again." Lucas was genuinely afraid to lose me.
"Lucas, I promise you exactly the same. You'll be preying to get rid of me, in the end." I smiled.
"Same goes for you, Katie. Same goes for you."