Chapter 17 - Oh, This Is Not a Dream!

Katie's P.O.V

I woke up and smiled. Johnny was sat on the futon, playing some COD. I rubbed my eyes and yawned, turning onto my back. Scotty was asleep next to me, looking like he was dreaming, as his nose twitched from time to time. I snickered and lay back for a moment. It wasn't a dream.
I saw a black pillow flying across the room, from the top bunk, and hit Johnny on the head.

"Ow! You mother-" Johnny laughed, turning around. "Morning, Katie." He smiled, giving me a small wave.
"Katie's up?!" Chase leaned over the barrier, that stopped him from falling out the bed. He peaked over and smiled at me, his hair falling, like a black and red waterfall.
"Morning." I smiled.
"She speaks... You speak!" Johnny corrected himself. "I honestly thought it was a dream."
"Believe me... I'm still getting used to it!" I smiled, siting up in the bed.
Chase laughed and climbed out his bunk. He wore Batman pyjamas, which caught me off guard.

"When did you like Batman?" I asked him.
"Since you left. I watched The Dark Knight." Chase smiled, sitting on my bunk, at the end, watching out for Scotty's feet.
"He borrowed the film from me." Johnny added, attention, mainly, back to his game.
I smiled and nodded impressed. Chase was a huge Spider-Man fan, that last time we met. I really did have an effect on the guys.

~

Once Scotty was awake, we all went downstairs for breakfast. I smiled, as Lucas and Liam were in the kitchen, raiding the fridge.
"Morning!" I hugged Lucas, from behind.
He jumped and laughed. "Morning... This is so crazy!" He smiled, turning around to me.
I smiled at him and grabbed the milk out the fridge.

Me and Johnny ate cereal, whiles Chase and Scotty had crumpets. I hated crumpet, I didn't like the taste, but if my friends liked them, then...
Liam started tapping his foot, on the chair, he was sat on. One beat per second. He started to hum, as he added jam to his toast.
"Is that...?" Johnny stopped himself, nodding along.
"Mhm." Chase started tapping his finger on the table.

"I push my fingers into my eyes.
It's the only thing that slowly stops the ache.
But it's made of all the things I have to take.
Jesus, it never ends, it works its way inside.
If the pain goes on..."
Liam started to sing.

We all smiled at each other and I grabbed the sugar spoon, from off the counter. I started tapping my bowl, as I ate my cereal.

"I have screamed until my veins collapsed
I've waited as my time's elapsed
Now all I do is live with so much fate
I've wished for this, I've bitched at that
I've left behind this little fact:
You cannot kill what you did not create"
Chase started to sing, almost acoustically, but without any instruments.

"I've gotta say what I've gotta say
And then I swear I'll go away
But I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise
I guess I'll save the best for last
My future seems like one big past
You're left with me 'cause you left me no choice"
Chase went on.

"I push my fingers into my eyes
It's the only thing that slowly stops the ache
If the pain goes on,
I'm not gonna make it!"
Liam sung.
We all did the beat, but Johnny tapped his spoon on his cereal bowl, almost making the sound Clown does, with the metal barrel.

"Put me back together
Or separate the skin from bone
Leave me all the pieces
Then you can leave me alone
Tell me the reality is better than the dream
But I found out the hard way,
Nothing is what it seems!"
Liam and Chase sung together.
At first it didn't look like Scotty, wanted to join in, just listen, but then he started spinning on his phone. At this point, we all just stopped eating and started playing/singing the song.

"I push my fingers into my eyes
It's the only thing that slowly stops the ache
But it's made of all the things I have to take
Jesus, it never ends, it works its way inside
If the pain goes on,
I'm not gonna make it!"
My gran walked in the kitchen, smiling. She was actually, really impressed with us. We're playing this song, with literally the shit we got in front of us.

"All I've got... all I've got is insane." [6x]
My dad followed in, after Gran and started to sing with us.
They must of heard us from somewhere else, in the house.

"I push my fingers into my eyes
It's the only thing that slowly stops the ache
But it's made of all the things I have to take
Jesus, it never ends, it works its way inside
If the pain goes on,
I'm not gonna make it!"
This was a dream for Liam, now. Singing with my dad! I can't believe he's not crying.

"All I've got... all I've got is insane." [4x]
We all started chanting, before laughing.

"So, what happened to you boys? You stopped talking to Katie?" Dad asked, leaning against the counter, as the coffee machine turned on.
"Well... It's stupid, really, but we though Katie had made other friends and we were all 'too lame' to be known to her. We just thought she changed... The only things that's changed is she's now talking." Johnny said, with the guys nodding in agreement.
"Ah, I get it. She did get a message from Stitch though... It took a while to send, but no reply." Dad said, making himself some coffee.
"Yeah... We found out about that. Stitch got a new phone, a new number with it. He must of got the phone, in the time the message wasn't sending." Scotty said.
God! His Scottish accent is amazing.

I smiled at my friends and finished my breakfast. What were we going to do today?
Who knows? I'm back. I have a voice. I'm the updated version of myself.
My friends are a band, Chase and Scotty are brothers, most of the guys have girlfriends, my mom and grandpa's graves are down here, Chase likes Batman, Scotty is actually playing his stuff, Some of the guys have tattoos... Where do we start?