Chapter 14 - Banned Pt.2

Katie's P.O.V

16... 18... 20... This was it! 22! House 22!
"We made it!" I smiled, looking out the window, in the passenger seat.
Dad laughed and parked the car. I was tired from all the travelling, but I had one last thing I had to do, before I could sleep.
Dad parked on the side of the road, in front of the house.

I climbed out the car and the front door opened. Gran walked out and smiled.
I ran over and hugged her tight. She smiled, hugging me, whiles dad got our bags out the car. A second car pulled up and parked behind dad's. That was Brenna, Stacy and Mick. I wanted them to come with us.
"I missed you." Gran smiled, kissing my head.
This was it. Now or never. For the first time in years... My gran was gonna hear me speak.
"I missed you to, Gran." I looked up at her, some tears in my eyes.
"Oh, Katie!" Gran smiled, hugging me tighter.
"We got her talking." Dad smiled, walking up the drive.

I smiled and ran over to Stacy and Brenna. I hadn't seen them yet. I hugged the both of them and Gran let us inside. I took my jacket off and tide it around my waist, before walking in the house. I stood on the front step, about to walk in, when I heard music.
Not any old music. I heard Slipknot.

I looked down the road, where the sound was coming from. I didn't see anyone, but whoever was playing the music, were actually playing the music. It wasn't from a stereo. Someone started to sing Killpop, making me smile.
"Go take a look." Gran smiled, standing at the door.
I looked up at her and back down the road.
"Who is it?" I asked.
"Some Slipknot fans." Gran smiled. Did she know?
I shrugged and walked down the drive.
"I'll come back in a bit!" I told her, smiling.
She smiled and gave a wave, before closing the door. She'd of left it on the catch, so I could just walk back in.

I crossed the street and walked down the road, to the end of the street. I stood behind a wall and peeked around it. I gasped at what I saw.
Shiloh was playing a guitar, stood facing a house. Johnny had a baseball bat, whacking a metal barrel, on the grass patch, across the road. Johnny hit it and spun around, smiling at someone in the garage.
I stayed hidden, but watched them play. Did they know I was coming? Did they remember me? Did they want to know me anymore?

Liam walked out the garage and over to Johnny, holding a mic and singing into it.
It was incredible. I wanted to join. I knew how to play the song on guitar. It was awesome!
I was pulled from my thought when someone walked into me, from behind.
"Oh, sorry!" The guy looked up from his phone. He had light brown hair, red headphones on, a black Nightmare Before Christmas top, black skinny jeans and white converse.
I looked him in the eyes and froze.
"Katie?" Scotty asked me.
"Oh My Christ... It- It's you... It's actually you." Scotty started to smile.
As I almost fell over, when he bumped into me, he was holding my shoulders, keeping me steady, due to catching my fall.

I looked at him and couldn't believe it. 4 things.
1. It was Scotty. He was still here
2. Those headphones were the ones I gave him
3. He remembered me
and
4. Damn! He was good looking!

"You OK? Did I hurt you? Is your dad with you? Have you seen your Gran, yet? Have the guys seen you?!" Scotty wouldn't stop.
He hadn't changed at all! That made me smile, brightly.
I looked back at the guys, as the song ended.
"Come on!" Scotty took my hand.
I shook my head, no. I wasn't ready!
"Come on!" Scotty smiled, dragged me behind the wall. "Hey! Hey, guys!" He shouted.

Johnny looked over, smiling, but his smile faded, when he saw me. He wasn't angry or sad... He was shocked. Shocked it was me. Shocked I was here.
"Jesus Christ..." He whispered.
"Scotty! What took you so-" Chase walked out the garage, holding two drum sticks.
Everyone walked out the garage and saw me.

Scotty stood next to me, with his arm over my shoulders.
"Katie..." Liam was the first to speak.
It was really them. Liam, Shiloh, August, Lucas, Stitch, Chase, Johnny and Scotty.
I gave a small, shy, wave and Chase walked over to me and Scotty.
"Hey..." He smiled.
I smiled back at him and we hugged. He held me tight, just as I did with him. This guy was one of my dearest and oldest friends. I missed him so much. I missed them all so much!
Chase let me go and all the others came over to hug me. I hugged them all, until it was just Johnny left.

We looked at each other and smiled. He opened his arms out and I jumped straight for the hug. He laughed and we split apart.
"You seen your Gran, yet?" Stitch asked, giving Johnny a bottle of water.
I just nodded. I wanted it to be special- my first words to them. A time we would all remember.
"You changed... It's good! A good change!" August smiled, taking it all in.
None of them had really changed. Lucas' hair was longer. A bit more of a darker brown, then I remember. Liam had a few piercings now and he was owning them! Chase had actually changed a bit more, then the others. His hair was longer! He had a red fringe, lip piercing, one tattoo on his arm. It was a black heart with a chip in it. It looked awesome, and if he was still the guy I knew, then it would have a deep meaning. He also had a chain that hung from his nose to his right ear, like Jeremy Valentyne, from New Years Day.

The guys were all talking to me, not giving me a chance to jump in. I didn't know what to say yet, but we were walking to my grans house, so my time was coming fast.
"You're probably wondering why we stopped talking to you..." Chase started.
I looked to my left, where he walked beside me. Scotty was on my right, his arm still over me. I can't explain why, but I didn't want him to go away.
"We all thought you had moved on and got better friends... We were scared you thought we were... well... nobodies." Chase admitted.
We walked up the drive. I had something to say and this was it. My moment was here. Sorry guys... but I've changed a lot. For better or for worse...

"You guys are my bestest friends. I was so scared when you all, suddenly, went away." I stopped walking.
Scotty moved his arm and all eyes were on me. Chase looked like he had seen a ghost, Liam was holding the door handle, ready to walk in, but he slowly turned around to face me. Stitch didn't even look at me. He was facing the door, but you know when you can just tell they're listening? It was like that.
"So, my dad got me talking..." I giggled, nervously. I rubbed my arm, as if I was warming myself up, in the cold, but it was a nervous habit.
"You're talking... You're actually talking... She's talking!" Shiloh spoke first, turning to Chase at the end. Chase was on Shiloh's right, stood just a head of me and Scotty.

"Do it again... the talking! Do it again..." Scotty looked me in the eyes.
"Well... I went on tour with Slipknot and dad said it would really help him out, if I would talk on the tour. Brenna took me to the doctors and at first I hated it, but this is the outcome." I explained it all to them.
Now we were all stood on the drive, in a crooked circle. Everyone was smiling and listening to every word I said. It was a great moment.
I smiled to my friends and Johnny just pulled me in for a hug. I hugged him back and we all, slowly, walked in the house.
This was going to be absolutely incredible.