Chapter 19 - August James Elliott

Katie's P.O.V

"Katie! Man, I woke up and thought, you, coming back, was just a dream." August smiled, as I answered the door of Chase's house. We got bored of playing video games, a couple hours ago, so we decided to sit up on the roof, outside Phil's old room.
Gerard and Lindsey slept downstairs, outside Phil's room, we used to climb out Phil's window and chill out on the roof, looking up at the stars, at night.
"I'm really here, August. Come inside, we're out on the roof." I smiled.
August smiled and looked at me, taking in every word I just said. He walked in the house, letting me close the door, behind him. We walked upstairs, into Phil's old room, to the back, up the small steps, out the window, out onto the roof.

"August!" Chase smiled, sat on the ledge, with Phil, holding his phone, looking back at us.
"Hey, how's life?" August sat next to Chase, whiles I sat next to Phil.
"It's good. We just decided to get a cat. By 'we', I mean, me, Katie and Phil." Chase replied.
"I didn't exactly agree, but I love cats." I raised my hand, swinging my feet.
"Fair enough. Isn't your mom allergic?" August asked.
"No, that's my god mother." Phil replied.
"Oh, yeah! I remember." August asked.
I must of missed that, cause I didn't remember. Oh well...

"So, I wanted to ask, being on tour with Slipknot... That must have something to do with you talking... right?" August looked at me.
"Wait!" Phil stopped me from replying. "Of all the questions, about Slipknot, to ask, you ask about her talking and the tour? August, you are one weird ass motherfucker!" Phil shook his head, before lighting a cigarette.
We all laughed and I explained. "Well, yeah. It's just me and my dad in the house, so I had the choice to go on tour with him or to stay at either Brenna's or Stacy's. I chose to go, cause... y'know, Slipknot!" We all laughed. "but I had to make a deal with dad. Cause being on tour was gonna be so crazy and loud, it'd of helped if I spoke, so Brenna took me to the doctors and basically we made a limit for me to say 5 words everyday, until I felt I could talk more. Soon enough tour came round and I've been talking a lot, since. I do go quiet at times, but it's all good." I smiled.
"Awesome." Chase smiled.
August agreed and Phil just ruffled my hair.

~

"Don't drop me!" I laughed as I jumped on August's back. He gave me a piggy back ride, as we walked to the shop. Chase didn't want me to feel overwhelmed by meeting Louise straight away, so when she text him, saying she was on her way over, me and August decided to go hang out and catch up. No offence, of course. I'm on Chase's side.
"I wont drop you. We're friends. you trust me, right?" August smiled.
"August James Elliott, what gave you that impression?" I laughed.
August dropped me and walked on, but I was quick and landed on my feet. I ran after him and shoved him, earning a shove back.

"So, how have you been?" I asked, as the shop was in sight.
"Good. Got a part time job at the shop, here. Just stacking shelves, earning a little. It's just 8 hours a week. Four a day. Thursdays and Sundays. Still good. Families all good, paying respects to yours, when I get the chance. We tend to go to Helen's a lot, so we'll often go shopping with her, or if she needs something in particular I'll pick it up, from shop, when I'm done for the day." August smiled.
"Thanks. Means a lot." I smiled.
"I know it does." August smiled.

We walked in the shop and both grabbed a Mt Dew. I decided to ask about the guys, once we got outside. I wanted to know how they have all been, as a group.
"How's the boys doing? You all still hang out, a lot?" I smiled, opening my drink.
"Yeah. We're all good. Chase, Johnny and Scotty are like brothers. More of Scotty and Chase, but Johnny's in there. He missed you a lot and it was obvious to see. You two go waaay back." August started, leading us to a small field, not too far.
"He was my first friend. He was there, when I stopped talking. He didn't ask why. He just went with it." I smiled.
"Why did you stop talking? Cause your mom?" August asked.
"Yeah. She didn't talk, so I was like 'Hey, if you don't talk, why should I?' Y'know?" I shrugged.
"Yeah. I understand. It was just natural for you." August smiled.
I nodded.

We sat on the grass and drunk our drinks, catching up of family and each other. Me and August never had these moments. They were so rare and never seemed to last so long, but I'd take my voice away, once again, if it meant 5 more minutes with this guy. It's so chill.
He's taller, black hair, longish... He's got tattoos on his arms, all with different meanings. He's wearing his Slipknot dog tags, as always.
He was so upset he couldn't get tickets, so he went out for a walk, years ago. He walked passed the venue they were in and saw the dog tags on the side of the road. He shrugged and took them home. He's never taken them off.

He's got his ears stretched and a black ring in his lip. It's like he can finally be the real him and not hide, like he did in school. He's so happy and in a great place in life, right now. I'm so glad.
August had it rough, growing up. His parents never married and lived in two different houses, but they've always been together. He's an only child and his mom lived furthest away from us, but last year things changed. His parents got engaged and have moved into a bigger house, even closer to granna's then before. I'm honestly so happy for August and his parents.