Chapter 6 - Magic!

(A/N - I got the idea, of the start of this chapter, from watching Slipknot funny moments on YouTube. It's from Ep.7. I changed it up a bit, but it should still be funny. Hope you enjoy and thank you.)

Katie's P.O.V

I've been in the cast for 3 days now. I couldn't do anything. I couldn't hold my Xbox controller, I couldn't skateboard, I couldn't play guitar... Oh Yeah! Didn't I mention Mick taught me to play guitar? He's like the best teacher ever!

Anyway, I'm currently sat in dad's music room, listening to him, Clown and Sid talking about music. I was sat on a sofa, drawing on my cast, with Sid next to me. Clown was talking to dad, reading over some lyrics and dad was just chilling in the corner of the room, to my left.

"Hello!?" We heard Chris call through the house. How did he get in?
I looked at the door to the music room, as Sid called Chris up. Chris walked in with a video camera and some coffee. I stared at the coffee, as if it was the love of my life.

"What we doing?" Chris asked, placing the coffee on the table next to me. I smiled. He got me coffee! Chris sat on the wheelie chair, next to Sid.
"Talking music. What's with the camera?" Clown asked.
"Aren't you going to say good morning?" Chris asked, pointing the camera at dad.
Dad just growled, making me laugh a bit. Yesterday dad and Chris started arguing, cause dad never properly greeted anyone. He'd usually just say hi, then go into conversation.

Dad grabbed his coffee, took a sip and placed it on the armrest of the chair he was sat in.
"He's grouchy." Sid chuckled.
"Just do a disappearing act." Clown smiled.
"I can do magic." Dad smirked, pointing at Clown, with a orange highlighter.
"Show us a magic trick!" Chris smiled.

Dad held up the highlighter and showed it to us all. He waved his hands about and dropped it, making it look like it vanished.
"Wow!" Sid clapped.
"Killer! That was like..." Chris tried to think.
"Like I dropped it." Dad said, making me laugh harder.
"That was like David Copperfield." Chris laughed.
Clown just laughed, looking at dad, as if saying 'How-did-I-meet-you?'.

"Watch. I can bring it back!" Dad smiled. He grabbed the highlight and threw it in the air. He then smiled and showed us, knocking his drink onto the floor.
"OH!" He laughed at himself. We all laughed, as it happened.
"All on video, baby!" Chris smiled.
Dad laughed and bowed to the camera, as Clown and Sid, just clapped.
That really just cheered me up.

~

A couple of hours later I was sat with Stacy in the living room. We were flicking through all the TV channels, finding nothing to watch. We ended up on Scuzz. Stacy sighed and grabbed a pen, holding her hand out for my arm. I placed my casted arm in her hand and let her draw.

I smiled as she drew a rose, with 1 black petal. Dad walked in the house with Sid, Brenna and Mick.
We walked into the kitchen, where dad started making coffee and Mick helped Brenna pack away some food.

I grabbed a bottle of water out the fridge and sat up on the counter.
"Magic!" Sid smiled, showing me a Minstrel from a family pack they bought.
I nodded and he threw it in the air, catching it in his mouth.

"Wow. It's gone." Brenna slow clapped, fake impressed.
Dad, Mick and Sid laughed.
I smirked and got off the counter.
I took the pen from Stacy and grabbed a note pad.

"I can make the water disapear out the bottle, without drinking it." I wrote. I put the pen down, indicating I wanted them to read the note.
"Show us then." Dad smiled, loooking at me.

I placed my bottle on the table and grabbed a tea towel. I placed the tea towel over the bottle and waved my hand over it. I clicked my fingers and moved the tea towel. I pointed at the bottle, for Sid to look in it.
He hesitated, but looked. That's when I squeezed the bottle, so the water splashed into Sid face. Dad, Mick, Stacy and Brenna cheered and I took a bow, as Sid shook his head, laughing with us.