Chapter 13 - The Weird, The Wonderful and The Crazy

Katie's P.O.V

I stretched, still asleep, and rolled over. I fell and landed on the floor with a thump. Suddenly, I was wide awake, my duvet buried me and the sound of curtains sliding open and laughter, filled the air.

"Good morning, Katie." Sid laughed.
I sighed and found the end of my duvet, sticking my hand out, with my middle finger up in the air.
"Oi!" Dad laughed. "Sid said it!"
I moved the duvet, from over my face, and looked up. Dad and Sid were looking down at me and Clown was stood at the door of the bunk area.
"You OK?" Clown smiled.
"Fine... Absolutely wonderful." I smiled, sarcastically.
Dad, Sid and Clown laughed at me.

I got up and wrapped my duvet around me. I grabbed my phone, from my bunk, and waddled to the front, passing Clown. I was so tired.
"Morning!" Mick laughed, making some coffee.
I pouted at him and he got the message.
"One coffee coming up." He said, nodding for me to sit down.
I sat on the sofa and looked out the window. We had moved on. A new city, more fans, bigger arena, another day and more running around.

Tour was busy, but not as busy as I was expecting. I thought it be all "Be here at this time, then here at this time and don't forget this at this place and here at this place". It's nothing like that.
I was taking every spare minute to learn new things. Dad taught me the basics of screaming. (Screamo!) Mick was teaching me some Slipknot songs on guitar, Sid would make the boring times more fun, by doing something behind ones back or making jokes or... simply being Sid, and the others were playing their parts. Making sure I'm not alone, making sure I'm fed and feeling alright.
Tour was busy, as you could guess, I didn't see my dad all the time, so of course the others pitched in, when they all had time.

~

I climbed off the bus and looked around. The crew was getting all of the equipment into the venue, Slipknot were helping out, but also talking, and some fans were lined up by the main doors. They couldn't really see us, but from where I was stood, I could see them a while away.
It was incredible how dedicated the fans were. My friends were really dedicated, but they never stood out in the cold, just to be the first in. Even then, people would push to the front so you could end up at the back of the venue. It was crazy! All fans were crazy! I was crazy!
I shook my head. That coffee was making me crazy. I was feeling quit hyper.

I followed after dad, walking into the venue. He was talking on the phone to someone. I just guessed Brenna, but it could really be anyone. I walked behind him, not making a sound. I got the idea to, just, follow him, until he'd notice me.
I stayed quiet, walking into the green room behind him. He didn't notice me, but as we passed Mick, he smirked, knowing my silent plans.

"When's good with you?" Dad asked down the phone.
"Now, that would be great, Helen!" Dad smiled.
Helen?! Gran?! My gran, Helen?!
Dad turned around and jumped, when he saw me. I stood there smiling at him.
"We'll see you then. Bye, Helen." Corey smiled.
"Gran?!" I smiled, as dad hung up.
"Yeah! Don't creep on people." Dad laughed.
"YAY!" I jumped for joy.

~

Dad walked off stage and I got straight to the point, I had been wanting to make for the last 4 hours, since Slipknot had 2, count them!, TWO! Interviews!
"When we seeing Gran?!" I asked, as soon as he walked up to me.
"Jesus... Soon, alright." Dad chuckled, wrapping his arm around me, walking us to the green room.
"Yeah, but how soon? Are we going home, then Grans, or are we going straight to Grans?! I miss her, dad!" I whined.
"I know you do and so do I. We're seeing her after the tour. If you want to go home for a while, first, then we will." Dad smiled.
"Iwannagograns!" I blurted out.
"Whoa, what?" Sid laughed, sat on the sofa, pouring a bottle of water over his head.
"I. Wanna. Go. Grans." I said slowly, standing by the door, as dad leaned against the wall, by the door.
"Then. We'll. Go. To. Grans." Dad replied, mocking me, jokingly.
I stuck my tongue out at him, but smiled. I WAS GOING HOME!