22

After the interrogation with the police officers, I asked to be home immediately.

So here I am, bawling in my room. Actually, while I was still at the police station, I was informed that Moonbyul didnt make it.

"Deurim, I have something to give you," I heard appa's voice outside of my bedroom.

I slowly got up and opened the door. There he stood with a phone in his hand. And Kim Mingyu next to him.

"Just have a talk with him. Here's your new phone," he gave me the phone.

"Thanks," I mumbled between my cries and looked at Mingyu. "Come on in," I opened the door wider to let him in.

He then nodded and got in. I closed the door and walked towards my bed to sit there.

"What do you want?"

"I just wanna ask a few question and some explanation,"

"I know I chose you but--"

"My first question," he cutted me off. "Are you okay?"

"Physically, yes," I still replied between my cries.

"Second, do you need anything?"

I shook my head as my tears still wont stop falling.

"Third, can you stop crying? It hurts for all of your love ones to keep seeing you cry,"

That didnt even make me stop crying for even a bit. It just made it worse.

"Okay, cry it all out," Mingyu sat next to me and hugged me.

I just cried in his embrace. It was a total silence in the room if you dont count my sobbings.

"Im sorry," I apologised as I was able to stop crying.

"For what? You dont have to apologise for not doing anything," he broke the hug and gave me the most sincere smile.

"I have something to apologise for. I chose you but I defended Moonbyul,"

"I have to admit it was upsetting but I'll understand if you give me an explanation," he pecked my forehead.

"I wasnt ready to lose someone I called a bestfriend," I stared into Mingyu's orbs. "But that doesnt mean that I was ready to lose you. I just thought that even if I did what I did earlier, you'd still be here next to me, like now," I said. "I was selfish, was I?"

"No, you just thought the right thing. I will always be here next to you no matter what you do to me because I cant afford to lose you again," he took my hand in his. "Now dont be too down about that, I fully understand that,"

I smiled slightly and just cant stop but to think, where is the jerk side of him?

"You're being too kind, where the real you?" I pinched his cheeks.

"I hid it for now. Im scared I'll hurt your feelings if the real Mingyu is out," he smirked.

"Once a jerk always a jerk huh?"

"Well actually babe," he leaned in. "Once your jerk, always your jerk," he kissed me.

I smiled in the kiss and just kissed him back.

"Remember this, Im always here for you. I love you,"

I blushed but nevertheless, I replied him a,

"I love you too,"

Our little moments were disturbed when someone knocked on the door, a loud knock to be precise.

"You go open it, if I open it, who knows the person's fist will land on my forehead again," I shook my head.